DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Article on proposed 2018 canada drone laws (as of feb 01 18)

RKX

Reactions
This is not intended to start a debate war, I've read through these and I've seen some interesting changes even from the first proposed new 2018 changes by transport canada... note the flying urban areas = permitted for mavic sized craft :) It still lists a liability insurance requirement.

Remember these are still just the current state of PROPOSED laws. these are NOT the THE LAW right now.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...ions+Expected+to+Come+into+Effect+in+2018.pdf

U
This is not intended to start a debate war, I've read through these and I've seen some interesting changes even from the first proposed new 2018 changes by transport canada... note the flying urban areas = permitted for mavic sized craft :) It still lists a liability insurance requirement.

Remember these are still just the current state of PROPOSED laws. these are NOT the THE LAW right now.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...ions+Expected+to+Come+into+Effect+in+2018.pdf
yeah sounds about right. The biggest issue I think,for most hobby fliers,is that 100k liability. There’s just no way my wife would be ok with us paying 500 or 600 bux a year so I can fly my quad a half dozen days a month,for 6 months out of the year. I just really hope that’s not what comes to pass,but I think it’d be typical for the feds to just do as they like.
Aside from that whopper liability insurance,I actually think the proposals do make a good deal of sense. We will see pretty soon I reckon!

U

yeah sounds about right. The biggest issue I think,for most hobby fliers,is that 100k liability. There’s just no way my wife would be ok with us paying 500 or 600 bux a year so I can fly my quad a half dozen days a month,for 6 months out of the year. I just really hope that’s not what comes to pass,but I think it’d be typical for the feds to just do as they like.
Aside from that whopper liability insurance,I actually think the proposals do make a good deal of sense. We will see pretty soon I reckon!

If transport was smart about this they could with a stroke of pen declassify these drones as aircraft and your home owner policy would afford you coverage. Which would mean the General public would be protected with 1 million and sometimes 2 million in liability coverage.

This is something we should be asking them to do. Public would be better off too. And costs nothing extra for us.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel