DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto landing

I don't see any errors in your flight log. Your Mavic calculated that it needed to land immediately due to the unusually high altitude. Did you expect it to fly at that high altitude until the battery reached 20-25%?
No, as @msinger and @MavicCF already posted, the smart.battery calculations / algorithms simply did their job and tried to save the aircraft from falling out of the sky.

The flight controller uses all available parameters such as power consumed, height and many more sensors to 'predict the future'. Which, of course will not work always as the pilot wanted to...

The plot below shows that smart.battery.usefulTime was at some point 422 seconds left, depending on the current flight state. (current altitude, aircraft climbing, motors drawing a specific amount of amps, etc.)
Therefore AutoLanding was initiated as a failsafe mechanism from DJI.

But now, flight parameters changing! (The aircraft is descending, less power is used)
All the predictive calculations were wrong ...
(you can see the plot climbing (usefulTime raising to 1017 seconds))

At the end the aircraft landed safely with 46% juice left.

View attachment 35130

I see nothing wrong here.

If you want to use the full potential, then you have to modify more in the firmware then only the altitude limit ... Please, do NOT do that!

As far as I can remember the new update lets the Mavic Air decend at a rate of 3 meters per second... you were at 597 which means it would take 3 minutes 20 seconds just to get it down from that height. You’re still an idiot for flying that high. After a 100m everything looks the same anyway. The Mavic did what it was supposed to do (unfortunately) and saved your bird.
Mavic Air Descent Speed
3 meters per second (10 feet) in Sports mode using the Remote Controller
1.5 meters per second in P – mode
1 meter per second in Wi-Fi mode

As far as I can remember the new update lets the Mavic Air decend at a rate of 3 meters per second... you were at 597 which means it would take 3 minutes 20 seconds just to get it down from that height. You’re still an idiot for flying that high. After a 100m everything looks the same anyway. The Mavic did what it was supposed to do (unfortunately) and saved your bird.
Mavic Air Descent Speed
3 meters per second (10 feet) in Sports mode using the Remote Controller
1.5 meters per second in P – mode
1 meter per second in Wi-Fi mode

Wake up men.
First off all It's a mavic Pro.
In normal mode i got 5m/s and in sport mode is 10m/s.
You can do the calculations.
Now you will sleep better because you said i'm idiot. What can i say then. Thanks for your help with mavic air. I really need that information. :))))
Good night.

Reactions: genesimmons
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny