DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini4 Pro Landing Failure

To clarify. I had initiated RTH and the AC returned as normal. I typically turn the camera down during this process and after it descends to +/- 75', I cancel RTH, confirm that it is on target, confirm the landing area is clear, and finish landing manually. This time it manually descended properly as usual but stopped and hovered a few feet from the ground. The critical low battery warning started and I was concerned it would shut down and fill to the ground (which in hindsight may have been better than flying into a fixed object). I tried several times to manually land. At some point, I noticed the warning label that the landing area was unsuitable. This was weird because it was a clear area of fresh asphalt. Though I've never used it before, I pressed what I assumed was the land button on the left side of the screen. Somewhere around this time the AC abruptly rose up and quickly flew into the wall of the building nearby.

I am trying to understand what happened, if it was something I did or didn't do, and how to prevent or react should it happen again.

Thanks again for all of the responses.

To clarify. I had initiated RTH and the AC returned as normal. I typically turn the camera down during this process and after it descends to +/- 75', I cancel RTH, confirm that it is on target, confirm the landing area is clear, and finish landing manually. This time it manually descended properly as usual but stopped and hovered a few feet from the ground. The critical low battery warning started and I was concerned it would shut down and fill to the ground (which in hindsight may have been better than flying into a fixed object). I tried several times to manually land. At some point, I noticed the warning label that the landing area was unsuitable. This was weird because it was a clear area of fresh asphalt. Though I've never used it before, I pressed what I assumed was the land button on the left side of the screen. Somewhere around this time the AC abruptly rose up and quickly flew into the wall of the building nearby.

I am trying to understand what happened, if it was something I did or didn't do, and how to prevent or react should it happen again.

Thanks again for all of the responses.
If you deem the landing area safe, cancel the warning and pull left stick down and hold until it lands. You still do have full control. You have several minutes of power even with the "critical battery" warning. This is NOT heresay, it is personal experience.

Reading Almost crashed my Air 3 today below, I realized that I had this type of landing gear on the Mini4 pro (and my minie3 pro and Air3). I can definitely see how this could interfere. I don't know if it had become folded up or not since I didn't get a look until after the crash. I think that I will remove these from all of my drones.

1707243384502.png

If you deem the landing area safe, cancel the warning and pull left stick down and hold until it lands. You still do have full control. You have several minutes of power even with the "critical battery" warning. This is NOT heresay, it is personal experience.
How do you cancel the warning?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13