DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto vs Manual

tca

Reactions
I am in the process of shooting the golf course in the golf development that I live in.

I shot all 18 holes in "auto" mode with my Mavic Air .....editing was done with DaVinci Resolve and it looks great.......after watching a few videos on You Tube about using "manual" mode I decided to shoot the course a second time in "manual"....using filters and different settings.......to be honest with you almost everyone who viewed both clips liked the one shot in "auto" best........so why all the hype about using manual.....am I missing some thing here?

I am in the process of shooting the golf course in the golf development that I live in.

I shot all 18 holes in "auto" mode with my Mavic Air .....editing was done with DaVinci Resolve and it looks great.......after watching a few videos on You Tube about using "manual" mode I decided to shoot the course a second time in "manual"....using filters and different settings.......to be honest with you almost everyone who viewed both clips liked the one shot in "auto" best........so why all the hype about using manual.....am I missing some thing here?

It’s just about practice and getthing it set up correctly. Auto mode has a tendency to change the exposure at inopportune times and it’s also easier to fix in post if you only have to do one correction rather than trying to fight an ever changing exposure level.

From a cinematography position you always want your shutter speed to be twice your frame rate and auto will constantly change your shutter speed and make you break that rule

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giovi321