DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot and best device. What do you use?

samd012

Reactions
I am on the fence with autopilot. After some research I get the impression that it needs significant horse power to get the full benefits. What are people using and what have you tried using it with and not been happy.

iPad Mini 4 here. Works well for me.

I have 9.7 " iPad Pro obviously no issues. I do think the horsepower issue depends on some of the features you may want to use like "Airspace" for example but in my opinion I'm sure themost often used are fine with older units. I really think Autopilot is a very good product. Not having any issues at all

Reactions: chrisbg
I have 9.7 " iPad Pro obviously no issues. I do think the horsepower issue depends on some of the features you may want to use like "Airspace" for example but in my opinion I'm sure themost often used are fine with older units. I really think Autopilot is a very good product. Not having any issues at all

I have an IPad mini 3 but I am not sure if that will do it. I believe the 4 will. I would love the pro but they are so much more expensive and I like the way the mini fits in the controller with no bracket.
I have been watching videos on autopilot and they really seem to have their act together.
As of now I do not believe I will be using airspace so maybe I will give it a go with the mini 3. I was hoping to get more feedback here on what devices people are using but I think Litchi dominates because the learning curve is so minimal.

AutoPilot has some great tutorials, very well presented. Once you wrap your head around the mechanics it really is quite easy to use.

Only time for me is of course in a strong breeze but cannot say that has been an issue; however having said that mostly I am only flying orbit or waypoint

... What are people using and what have you tried using it...
In the field i am using an iPad mini4 running mostly waypoints, zipline and target missions. Everything runs fine.
Additionally i am using my 12" iPad pro to create missions in the office.

In the field i am using an iPad mini4 running mostly waypoints, zipline and target missions. Everything runs fine.
Additionally i am using my 12" iPad pro to create missions in the office.

Great to know. I purchased the app now I just need to put some time into it. I will keep an eye out for a good deal on a mini 4 and see what happens

Reactions: Keule
Great to know. I purchased the app now I just need to put some time into it. I will keep an eye out for a good deal on a mini 4 and see what happens
The minis are really coming down in price. I just got a 16gb ipad 4 mini for $220 from gamestop. Best buy is also selling the 128gb new ipad 4 for $299

Im running it on iPhone 6 plus and the app always crashes mid way through waypoint courses or even on follow after some time it crashes. Anyway it is stated in the Hangar site device list.

I just pulled the trigger on an ipad mini 4 128gb from best buy. It comes today :) They are dropping in price I am guessing due to the Apple event coming up and the rumors that the mini is being disconnected. Its a shame I think the mini is the perfect size not just for the Mavic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming