DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot App

Because of the mandatory update, I'm checking again for a Yuneec H920. But they have no external apps. And I hate Android. See what I hate most now

Because of the mandatory update, I'm checking again for a Yuneec H920. But they have no external apps. And I hate Android. See what I hate most now

Same here - but i'm looking for the (not yet available) H520 ... So i am doing the update as it arrives for my Mavic. If i am somehow restricted or other 'strange' behavior is detected, i will not update my Inspire which is being used for commercial work. (in the hope that i can use/fly that aircraft in the future as i did in the past)
Hopefully some 3rd party developer takes care of the missing apps like Autopilot or similar.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
The H520 is also a very good option (dilemma between the head and the heart).
I heard some better info about the update but I think it is wrong. So, lets see what happens the coming days and decide then. I might go for the H520 with CGO4 and CGO TI camera. Still cheaper then an Inspire 2 with X5S and one set spare batteries

Reactions: Keule
Autopilot is alot more complicated to work with in beginning, but is far superior to any other flight software for mavic, even to litchi.

I totally agree! Once you get past the short learning curve it's actually very easy to use. There are some very well done tutorials from the developer

Still... My Autopilot crashes time to time. I do timeline flight here at site, first movie, then pictures. And it seems that my phone can handle two missions in a row. Thought it was the photo tour but yesterday I did first photos and then the movie, and it crashes at the same point. Still don't like that

Still... My Autopilot crashes time to time. I do timeline flight here at site, first movie, then pictures. And it seems that my phone can handle two missions in a row. Thought it was the photo tour but yesterday I did first photos and then the movie, and it crashes at the same point. Still don't like that

Android or iPhone?

00164b805034488585e8347726e4f296.jpg

Reactions: Red_Raven

I have found that some of the features AutoPilot offers can be processor demanding and most that have issues seem to be perhaps running an older ipad or iphone. I am currently using an ipad pro but even so still have to be mindful that I am completely closing other programs. I see you are running an iphone 6s so that certainly should be fine so my only question is whether you have other apps running at the same time?

No. I close all apps. I also use an iPad 3 mini (cell and WiFi) but that doesn't work at all. Only on GO4. I still think my iPhone is good enough. But you feel its getting hot after after a waypoint mission (1 mile, 8 minutes). So I might just let it rest for 30 minutes before the next waypoint mission. But also the ambient conditions play a part. Both my Mavic's have an issue with the temperature and humidity

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel