Autopilot vs Litchi

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Deckyon, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Deckyon

Deckyon Well-Known Member

This is not a "will it work with Mavic" thread. I realize the apps have not been updated for the latest DJI drone, I keep looking to see when they are on the App Store. My question is really for those who have use the apps on their other drones, and what the pros/cons are for each. Other than the $7 difference, which one offers the best autonomy and features?

Autopilot - Autoflight Logic

Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire

2. DesertWindAero

DesertWindAero Well-Known Member

Each has unique features... So, I guess it would depend on what the intended use was.

I have both, just to cover myself.

3. Advexure

Advexure Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    We've got hundreds of hours of flight time with Autopilot. In the aerial production side of our business we've been using Autopilot on projects since it was first released. It's come such a long ways since its release and has made a lot of our work a lot easier. A very solid app overall with extremely dedicated support. We've recommend many features and changes to the program and they've almost all been implemented in a short timeframe. Autopilot is not for everyone and it can be very overwhelming upon first impression. We have never used Litchi as we've always been extremely satisfied with Autopilot so unfortunately we cannot comment on pros and cons of each but without a doubt can highly recommend Autopilot. Happy to answer any specific questions on features and functionality...

4. 2nd2non

2nd2non Member

I've used both since P3 was launched. They are quite different in how you interface and setup. Litchi is closer to the DJI GO app. I personally use autopilot for complex movements or missions where I need to "adjust" on the fly. Their flight controller enables ultimate flexibility. I find myself using litchi or DJI GO for basic POI or visual tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advexure likes this.
  5. Deckyon

Deckyon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input so far. I did receive this email from Autoflight, so the same MAY apply to Litchi.

Skyscope likes this.