DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Avata 2 FOV measured at 4K/60

alex_markov

Reactions
Site
alexmarkov.eu
I've always been surprised by the complete lack of information on How Wide the drone's camera actually captures in different shooting modes - DJI releases the specifications of the lens (in the case of the Avata 2 FOV 155⁰ or 12mm) and that's it - ever since the Mavic 2 I was disappointed by how much tighter the shot actually was.

So I decided since there was no information, to test it myself ;)

Deeply SCIENTIFICALLY :) , I put the Avatar 2 at 40 cm from the wardrobe - I stretched the tape measure supposedly in the middle of the frame, it turned out that everything was not visible in the goggles either, and therefore in the first frame, the beginning of the roulette is in the frame, I extrapolated a little ;)

So, I shoot in 4K 60 frames per second 16:9 (D-Log shouldn't matter, does anyone know ;) )

And I started - UltraWide without stabilization, UltraWide with stabilization, then Wide without and with, and finally Normal without, with, and with horizonSteady, After which I started remembering geometry to calculate the angle (FOV - Field of View) and I measured it horizontally and diagonally (because I don't know what the spec is, I guess diagonal at 4:3?)

So here are the results

I've always been surprised by the complete lack of information on How Wide the drone's camera actually captures in different shooting modes - DJI releases the specifications of the lens (in the case of the Avata 2 FOV 155⁰ or 12mm) and that's it - ever since the Mavic 2 I was disappointed by how much tighter the shot actually was.

So I decided since there was no information, to test it myself ;)

Deeply SCIENTIFICALLY :) , I put the Avatar 2 at 40 cm from the wardrobe - I stretched the tape measure supposedly in the middle of the frame, it turned out that everything was not visible in the goggles either, and therefore in the first frame, the beginning of the roulette is in the frame, I extrapolated a little ;)

So, I shoot in 4K 60 frames per second 16:9 (D-Log shouldn't matter, does anyone know ;) )

And I started - UltraWide without stabilization, UltraWide with stabilization, then Wide without and with, and finally Normal without, with, and with horizonSteady, After which I started remembering geometry to calculate the angle (FOV - Field of View) and I measured it horizontally and diagonally (because I don't know what the spec is, I guess diagonal at 4:3?)

So here are the results

Nicely done! Very useful information. One would think DJI might provide that data to prospective customers. So they OWE YOU!!!

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos