DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Charging Issue with Power Station

bkushner

Reactions
Having an issue with a new power station. When I plug in the USBC 65W port to the DJI AIr 3 Charging Hub the unit shows it being charged and not the battery. Anyone else know how to fix this?

Having an issue with a new power station. When I plug in the USBC 65W port to the DJI AIr 3 Charging Hub the unit shows it being charged and not the battery. Anyone else know how to fix this?
You'll have to be more specific. What "new power station?" What "USB C 65W port" are you plugging into the DJI Air 3 Charging Hub? What "unit" shows it is being charged instead of the battery? Is the battery properly plugged in and secured within the Charging Hub? Does the Hub properly charge the battery when a DJI branded 65W charger is plugged into it, say from a Mavic 3, if you still have one?

You'll have to be more specific. What "new power station?" What "USB C 65W port" are you plugging into the DJI Air 3 Charging Hub? What "unit" shows it is being charged instead of the battery? Is the battery properly plugged in and secured within the Charging Hub? Does the Hub properly charge the battery when a DJI branded 65W charger is plugged into it, say from a Mavic 3, if you still have one?
Yes when I plug into the charging hub with a battery it begins charging the power station. The port is an in/out port. Don't have a mavic 3. Works fine with the Mini 4 hub.

1715056311465.jpeg

Yes when I plug into the charging hub with a battery it begins charging the power station. The port is an in/out port. Don't have a mavic 3. Works fine with the Mini 4 hub.

View attachment 174847
i don't have an Air 3 hub to know its unique quirks, but it is different than the Mavic 3 hub, because of the ability to charge one battery in the hub from the remaining power in the other two batteries. Maybe that is what is tripping it up. Sounds like the power station is turning on the Air 3 battery and attempting to discharge it as though the power station is another Air 3 battery.

Is the power station actually turning on the Air 3 battery in the hub, without you turning the Air 3 battery on?

Have you tried using the power station to charge the Air 3 battery inside the drone? That will likely work, as the hub features are likely confusing the power station.

I've only had this happen once, but it was a failing battery. This was fir a Magic 2 Pro. The battery was dormant for a couple months and then didn't charge although the charger showed it was.

Hopefully not your issue!

The Air 3 Charging Hub can also act as a power bank so the charging protocols between the hub and power station are prioritizing the hub as the power source. You'll need a power station with a dedicated (non in/out) USB-C charging port.

The Air 3 Charging Hub can also act as a power bank so the charging protocols between the hub and power station are prioritizing the hub as the power source. You'll need a power station with a dedicated (non in/out) USB-C charging port.
I figured that might be the case.

Yes too slow. I can use the 12volt adapter ao
I’m good. Thanks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spludge