DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Awkward stage

jerryflah

Reactions
I'm in between cataract surgeries. Right Eye back to 20/20 distance. Awaiting left eye surgery in 2 weeks.
Still need glasses for close work, screens and reading. You do of course, lose depth perception using only one eye, something I'm trying to get used to.
Promised a neighbor I'd show him my Mavic so I'm heading up there now.
Promised myself to do a bear minimum in the demo. So I'll get back to you all when I return.

Reactions: Wacker2611
I'd also avoid flying sideways or backwards near trees, obstacle avoidance is also your friend

Reactions: jerryflah
I had my right eye done a year ago and my new glasses still had the proper prescription for the uncorrected left eye. The right lens was plain glass on the top portion and both lenses have the blended bifocal on the bottom.
No issues at all with depth perception because the new glasses equalize both eyes.

Reactions: jerryflah
Thanks for the input and support. Back home safe and sound. It's amazing how quickly I forgot the details of set up having laid off my MP for a couple of weeks. Neighbor, Davey, enjoyed the short demo even though while using a tablet I forgot to disconnect the Phone Jack USB. Wasn't till I got home and remembered and I was able to get any picture up on the tablet. Do have pics on SD card so I'll mosey on up there again later and show him those.

I had my right eye done a year ago and my new glasses still had the proper prescription for the uncorrected left eye. The right lens was plain glass on the top portion and both lenses have the blended bifocal on the bottom.
No issues at all with depth perception because the new glasses equalize both eyes.
well I am having both eyes done and will be going back to reading glasses when it's finished. So far I'm happily surprised at how painless, efficient and productive the procedure is. My distant vision in the surgical eye spot on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan