DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFLY updated - everything is now an airport

Brojon

Reactions
Maybe a slight exaggeration but all the heliports including stuff like banks with a helipad are now claimed to be an "airport". I bring it up it throws that big alert in my face and claims I need to notify the airport if I want to fly.
This is just absurd.

I am not on 800 but i am on the new app (or was) and the app when i got near a NFZ disabled my intelligent flight modes and smart RTH and told me i had to manually fly back, what happens i have have a full disconnect at that point. with no RTH i am stuffed.

i just switched back to my android (was on ios) on that i have the old app and everything seems ok again except the F&&&&& wind warnings that i got rid off when i uprgraded to 600.

i have not given up hope on the Mavic yet by a long way but i have cancelled the Inspire i was going to buy and will probably cancel the spark order too.

i will play out the Mavic until the end (i live in a city so eventually it will be a complete no fly zone).

i am lucky now to find 300m of space to fly in near me.

I will probably leave both my drones in Thailand now and just fly out there when i am there.

I am not on 800 but i am on the new app (or was) and the app when i got near a NFZ disabled my intelligent flight modes and smart RTH and told me i had to manually fly back, what happens i have have a full disconnect at that point. with no RTH i am stuffed.

i just switched back to my android (was on ios) on that i have the old app and everything seems ok again except the F&&&&& wind warnings that i got rid off when i uprgraded to 600.

i have not given up hope on the Mavic yet by a long way but i have cancelled the Inspire i was going to buy and will probably cancel the spark order too.

i will play out the Mavic until the end (i live in a city so eventually it will be a complete no fly zone).

i am lucky now to find 300m of space to fly in near me.

I will probably leave both my drones in Thailand now and just fly out there when i am there.

He is talking about the FAA B4Ufly app... it's supposed to tell you if you're in certain airspace. But it thinks every unused helipad is a full scale airport.

OP: You should see Oklahoma City... its a mess!!

Attachments

• IMG_4547.PNG
    IMG_4547.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member