DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad cell in mavic pro battery

Pantherjoe

Reactions
Started getting a battery error,one cell was not up to par.I drained it as far as possible and recharged it and the cell is still showing lower voltage than the others.Is there another way to recondition these batteries or is this one, now, just an expensive brick?

Is your Mavic under a year old? Perhaps DJI might replace it? I wouldn't mess with it. I admit, I have concern over LiPo batteries catching fire. It IS a remote possibility, but since you're already showing problems with it, why risk either your aircraft catching fire, or causing a fire as you attempt to rectify the issue?

DJI batteries do Only have a six month warranty.

Even with DJI care I've heard it's still a 79.99 deductible outside those 6 months.

They must know of the problem, or they would honor the 1 yr like the rest of the bird [emoji37]
I have over a couple dozen DJI batteries, and one of the first things I changed was the preset 10 day discharge to 3-5 days depending on use if that drone. I think 10 days is a little too long imo.
I keep a log book of dates, how many times charged, battery #,and cell voltage balances, and maintain about once a month. It helps to keep the batteries in rotation evenly for me.
4 yrs and 0 battery issues

Last edited:
Reactions: VortexSpin
Battery was charged to 100%....inserted into Mavic Pro and got this error.
Started draining to zero and will let rest for an hour, then will recharge to see if this corrects the issue.
Anyone with ideas? Of course the battery is out of warranty.....All firmware is current.

Controller.JPG

Reactions: IgobyDerek

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52