DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad press for drone enthusiasts

Just thought I'd post the following youtube channel link. The person involved appears to me to be a complete prick and does no more than antagonise law enforcement and other personnel. It's idiots like him who give our hobby a bad name and is likely to add more fuel to the 'ban all drones brigade'.
There are a lot of these morons floating around the (anti)social media platforms and I agree with you, the only 'service' they provide is to people who want evidence to present to focus groups and committees who are itching to find ways to regulate all non-official drone use out of existence.
While there is a valid case use in maintaining oversight of big conglomerates who happily flout the rules that are supposed to be respected and adhered to concerning the environment, wildlife and heritage assets (HS2 being the single most egregious offender), some arrogant, bombastic arsehole flying over police stations with no other purpose than to provoke confrontation hardly fulfils the definition of a Defender Of The Environment.

agree that his actions are not helping the cause,only issue i have is posting his web info on this site ,for me its just increasing his exposure ( just my opinion)

Someone that goes around smashing peoples hands with a hammer and then screaming about his right to own one-- Is just making a fool of themselves. Just like the "Right to Photograph" idiots that go around disrupting post offices and courthouses screaming they have the right to photograph. These persons are not freedom fighters BUT simply instigators with an agenda.

I have to say that the security people exercised great restraint in dealing with this guy ....I thought the drone operator was claiming to be an independent journalist at one point ( maybe I understood the accent incorrectly)....and then later claimed it was a recreational flight...I am familiar with US FAA regs...not sure what they are in England, but they sound quite similar.....this guy's actions here are what give rise to new, more restrictive regulations all over

Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)
DJE is actually a police officer. They sent him out into the parking lot with a drone to cause trouble so they can justify banning drones at the police station. They have a different police officer come into the station with gopro camera claiming he has "rights" and antagonizing police officers so they can ban cameras in the station and in the parking lot, too. Anything the police don't like, they dress up an officer pretending to be an antagonist who knows he won't get arrested and can push the buttons and he sets everything up so the officials can get all the data they need to rolll back our rights.

/sarcasm

• Haha
Reactions: Mrprop365
Just thought I'd post the following youtube channel link. The person involved appears to me to be a complete prick and does no more than antagonise law enforcement and other personnel. It's idiots like him who give our hobby a bad name and is likely to add more fuel to the 'ban all drones brigade'.
I have posted on this before ! The big threat is these pretend and unqualified Auditors get their followers by staging confrontations with big business or authorities !
Their followers are not interested in factory roofs only the confrontation !
If they really wantef to take pictures of a business 8 out of 10 times no one would even notice a 250 g drone 200 feet up hence they make a point of antagonising business owners and authorities who no doubt will complain to the CAA
Alrwady thete are new rules coming out to close off more airspace
I have no doubt these idiots are behind it !

Multiple places nearby he could have launched from and obtained the same footage but, instead chooses to intentionally antagonize as many people as possible. Such a sad need for attention without consideration of the damage he’s doing to the drone community.

This guy is a massive bellend. He actually produces some nice video footage once he gets in the air and it would be quite interesting to see it but he precedes it by being confrontational, despite claiming that he doesn't want a confrontation. He only brings about negative publicity and I refuse to give him any more clicks.

Reactions: AZDave
Auditors do serve a purpose to those they target because most of the time the police or public are ignorant of filming in public legally and flying drones legally. Some auditors are very good at exposing the police/public ignorance but others like this guy happens to be just an ******* to prove his point. I'm not a big fan of his ilk of auditors but I am a fan of auditors in general.

Reactions: PJFrance
Auditors do serve a purpose to those they target because most of the time the police or public are ignorant of filming in public legally and flying drones legally. Some auditors are very good at exposing the police/public ignorance but others like this guy happens to be just an ******* to prove his point. I'm not a big fan of his ilk of auditors but I am a fan of auditors in general.
The word Auditor gives credibility to what they are doing which is purely thrill factor for their viewers seeing punchups with big business and authorities !
I would prosecute him as he is without doubt running a very lucrative business and on top selling footage to google on every flight !
The only ones who will suffer will be the droning community when our freedoms are curtailed because of his actions

The word Auditor gives credibility to what they are doing which is purely thrill factor for their viewers seeing punchups with big business and authorities !
I would prosecute him as he is without doubt running a very lucrative business and on top selling footage to google on every flight !
The only ones who will suffer will be the droning community when our freedoms are curtailed because of his actions
You want to prosecute someone simply because he's a jerk and an ******* and he's making money out of it?
He's no different than a guy walking around public spaces taking videos. Does that make the video filming community suffer?
And how is our freedoms curtailed because of their actions? He's making the general public and people of authority aware of the rules and regulations.

He claims to target one big business or the authorities a day ! These are powerful people who will no doubt complain to the CAA who regulate the very regulations he flouts in their faces .
Who will win ? Its not rocket science to work that one out !
Very soon he will vanish as the regulations he now uses will not exist anymore to be replaced by regulations which curtail our freedoms
The CAA already have a new structure of regulations which will do that under public security

Reactions: Cafguy
I watched one of his videos almost in full and dipped into a couple of others.

The one I watched, he went to Elstree and flew over the set of Eastenders. Technically it's controlled airspace but he got permission from the nearby airfield in advance so he was definitely allowed to fly there.

He approached security and refused to show them his authorisation, said he wasn't being confrontational but what he was doing was being confrontational.

If he'd just rocked up, explained to them that he had authorisation to fly and shown it to them, the video would have been half an hour shorter. After he'd flown, he even waited around for the police to turn up and seemed disappointed when they didn't.

I enjoyed the part when he was flying over the set. The rest of it, not so much.

I stand by my comments from earlier in this thread.

Reactions: Aerophile

Well thank you pathetic Auditor channels as predicted your abuse of big business and the authorities will now lead to the CAA regulating and restricting sub 250 g drones as well as tightening up on privacy laws
I have an Air 3 which does not fit into this category but feel sorry for the many responsible sub 250 g drone pilots who will now lose their freedoms due to follower and money chasing so called " Auditor" channels

Just stumbled across this thread - I'd already put in a report to the CAA after watching a couple of his videos where he clearly flew behind buildings and BVLOS.
Yeah he's an antagonistic ****** but that isn't a crime - flying irresponsibly is and combined with his attitude it harms the rest of us.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne