DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery life etc

Spikes Mavic

Reactions
Hi

Just purchased a DJI Mini 2, it came with 3 batteries, one already fitted to drone and 2 and 3 (not charged/used) in the charger holder, now the question is, had it out and flow for a while and then brought it back when it told me battery was low, charged same battery a couple of days later and took it up again, then brought it back again with low batt level.
Now I will ask the question :), do I just keep using the 1st batt for whatever time/ cycles, then start on another new batt, or would I be better to charge all three batts and just use each one when needed, not sure I have explained this very good :)

cheers
Spike

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
do I just keep using the 1st batt for whatever time/ cycles, then start on another new batt, or would I be better to charge all three batts and just use each one when needed
It's best to only charge batteries when you plan to use them or when trying to maintain them like this.

Batteries are shipped in hibernation but will not wake up if not charged for an extended period of time. So my advice is to use them and follow the advice in post #2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spikes Mavic
@Spikes Mavic may i ask was it brand new or a used drone ,if it was new then i presume you purchased the Fly more kit with it as well
it is best practice to number the batteries and use them in sequence charge them fully the day before you intend to fly ,if you dont want to fly for to long, then just fly each one down to 50% remaining and then they will be safe to store till the next time you intend to fly
always let the batteries cool down, dont store them in the drone after flight, and make sure that they are not left in a hot environment such as a vehicle, if it is a hot sunny day ,( i know we get very few of those here in the UK) extreme heat and cold are not something that these sort of batteries like ,and can shorten their lifespan

Hi

Just purchased a DJI Mini 2, it came with 3 batteries, one already fitted to drone and 2 and 3 (not charged/used) in the charger holder, now the question is, had it out and flow for a while and then brought it back when it told me battery was low, charged same battery a couple of days later and took it up again, then brought it back again with low batt level.
Now I will ask the question :), do I just keep using the 1st batt for whatever time/ cycles, then start on another new batt, or would I be better to charge all three batts and just use each one when needed, not sure I have explained this very good :)

cheers
Spike
Your batteries are already used so the best policy would be to spread their use evenly between the three batteries. You don't want one or two of your batteries to just sit and do nothing. Check the charging cycles of each battery and use the one that has less cycles until you can make them all the same number of charges and then use them evenly.

Even if you store them at appropriate levels, that only lasts, at the most, several months and then you are advised to charge them back up and fly them back down to appropriate storing level. I think the main reason for a 3 month cycle of use is because of firmware updates.. And, of course, for the health of your lipo batteries.

Store your batteries at about 70% and use them at least once every several months.

@Spikes Mavic may i ask was it brand new or a used drone ,if it was new then i presume you purchased the Fly more kit with it as well
it is best practice to number the batteries and use them in sequence charge them fully the day before you intend to fly ,if you dont want to fly for to long, then just fly each one down to 50% remaining and then they will be safe to store till the next time you intend to fly
always let the batteries cool down, dont store them in the drone after flight, and make sure that they are not left in a hot environment such as a vehicle, if it is a hot sunny day ,( i know we get very few of those here in the UK) extreme heat and cold are not something that these sort of batteries like ,and can shorten their lifespan
Hi
Yes they are brand new, with the combo kit.

cheers
Spike

Reactions: old man mavic
@Spikes Mavic just put the three batteries in the hub and then press the button on the side of the hub and the lights along the bottom of the hub will light up indicating the charge level of each battery
or just put a battery in the drone give the button on the drone one quick press and the llights on the drone will come on for a few seconds and indicate remaining battery charge

Mavic 2 Pro batteries appear dead.

I put my drone away and just havent touched it for 6 mos or more. I know... I charged one of the batteries all the way and put it in the drone. Hit the button, but the green light only stayed on for a few seconds. Tried it with another battery, same thing. The other two wont even charge. Are they dead? Can I wake them up?

I put my drone away and just havent touched it for 6 mos or more. I know... I charged one of the batteries all the way and put it in the drone. Hit the button, but the green light only stayed on for a few seconds. Tried it with another battery, same thing. The other two wont even charge. Are they dead? Can I wake them up?
In my experience - I had 2 genuine batteries for a mavic Pro 1 . after not being able to use them for well over a year , they both swelled and could not be charged . That swelling is a sign they are at the end of their life . So new batteries are needed .

Try leaving them in the charger for an extended period of time, like, over night.
There have been multiple threads saying that people thought there unused batteries wouldn't charge until left in the charger for a longer time than normal.. Maybe that will help

Not sure about the Mavic 2 Pro, but with the Mavic Air 2 you need to push the battery button one time, then push and hold the button on the second time. The drone is on and green battery charge light stays on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne