DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery overdischarge warning

Harrissment

Reactions
Hi all,

Hoping you can help me with this warning I have just got a few times while I was in sport mode and also at full speed.

Any info on this?

Bit more info am base in U.K. It's 19c outside right now when am in sport mode and at full throttle this warning will show up pretty much every time after about 30 seconds.

Thank you for you time and help!

I do not get the warning if I don't go full throttle or in normal mode.

Thanks again

That can/will happen if you are flying around in Sport mod and at full throttle for more than about 30 seconds. It's been seen before. The Mavic is a flying camera platform, not a racing craft.
I don't think it's about the heat (could be tho), but I think it's more on the current draw on the battery cells. I don't think they have a particularly "high 'C' rating" for high current draw.......

I have had battery discharge warnings when I go full tilt forward and up on sport mode. Does it always give you the warning when you hit full throttle forward or only up and forward?

Overdischarge will often occur in sport mode at max throttle/ascent. You're asking the drone to move forward and up at maximum speed, effectively putting maximum load on the battery.

Reactions: Knight Hawk
That's it then yes I was full throttle going up and forward each time.

Thanks for your help guys

The cover can impede the airflow. Look behind the gimbal, see the vents? They assist in cooling the battery pack. As the battery pack heats up, it's efficiency drops and the available current will drop as well.

I never fly with it on, I like it for storage but that is about it.

Just found this thread because I almost lost the bird yesterday. Was out 13,100 feet wondering how strong the signal was going to be out and completely forgot about battery.
Got the return to home warning now or you won't make it !
Stupid me I then realized I had nothing but head wind on trip back. Cranked it full throttle and with headwind all I could get out of it was 28-30 mph. It started to land a few hundred yards out but I was somehow still moving forward enough to get it back home. It was giving me the battery overheating warning the last 600 feet out. Never had to push it this hard before but now I'm wondering if this battery should be trusted. It was still pretty warm 45 min later.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Just found this thread because I almost lost the bird yesterday. Was out 13,100 feet wondering how strong the signal was going to be out and completely forgot about battery.
Got the return to home warning now or you won't make it !
Stupid me I then realized I had nothing but head wind on trip back. Cranked it full throttle and with headwind all I could get out of it was 28-30 mph. It started to land a few hundred yards out but I was somehow still moving forward enough to get it back home. It was giving me the battery overheating warning the last 600 feet out. Never had to push it this hard before but now I'm wondering if this battery should be trusted. It was still pretty warm 45 min later.
Just had the same experience with a brand new aftermarket battery. EXACTLY.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter