DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Question

Reactions
Hello all,
I have 3 batteries for my Mavic Pro and I am getting a battery error on one of them. I checked after charging and one cell is lower than the others. Is it trash, oris there a way to ballance it?

Inspect it for any signs of bulging/warp/cracks, you could keep it but don't fly it and just (with some caution due to the explosive nature of them) recharge when it gets depleted to see if it improves if no improvement or gets worse...a cell is exactly what's implied in the name, as they are like a single battery manufactured by putting each cell together to provide the power for the equipment much like you would put a few batteries into a remote control to change your TV over. (oversimplified explanation)
You won't be balancing anything out each cell is individual and if it's bad I would say it's exactly that!

When you get the broken battery cell error (cell imbalance), the Mavic will not fly with that battery. Full discharge and recharge does NOT help. In fact, it can damage the battery further. It can be fixed, but requires a bit of work. Not recommended for someone without a very steady hand and fine soldering skills. I've fixed two of my Mavic packs with this problem, and just fixed one for a friend. See my thread on this from last year... Balance plug for Mavic pack