DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery recharging question...

buttons276

Reactions
This may be a stupid thing to bring up but I was watching a YouTube video once and the guy change batteries and made a comment that the battery he took out was warm so he was going to wait a while to put it on the charger. Does anyone know if that is really something you need to do? They have put so much thought into the batteries that you would think that they would have taken that into account or told you you needed to do it. But they are so expensive I thought I would see if anyone else has ever heard of this.

Yes, you should let it cool down before putting it on the charger. I don't know how much that will extend its life, but it is generally accepted that it will.

The batteries won't charge if they are too warm. So, you'll have to let them cool down before recharging them.

Reactions: buttons276
If you physically connect them to the charger, a single light will flash on the battery alerting you that it is too warm. Once it cools down it will begin to charge normally.

I don’t know if this is accepted practice but I often put hot batteries on the charger.

Reactions: tictag
This may be a stupid thing to bring up but I was watching a YouTube video once and the guy change batteries and made a comment that the battery he took out was warm so he was going to wait a while to put it on the charger. Does anyone know if that is really something you need to do? They have put so much thought into the batteries that you would think that they would have taken that into account or told you you needed to do it. But they are so expensive I thought I would see if anyone else has ever heard of this.

The manual states this. It’s advisable to read through the manual to avoid any preventable events.

Reactions: jedburgh01
If you physically connect them to the charger, a single light will flash on the battery alerting you that it is too warm. Once it cools down it will begin to charge normally.

I don’t know if this is accepted practice but I often put hot batteries on the charger.

Why not just follow the manual, which also states do not charge batteries unattended.

You don’t have to stand there but just be aware.
I know that I was joking. Lithium batteries can always be dangerous. That’s why they have to put those warnings in there. But these batteries seem much safer than most. Even Samsung phones were catching on fire. So anything could happen. That’s why a lot of those battery warnings are in there so if they burn your house down you can’t turn around and sue them or something.

I know that I was joking. Lithium batteries can always be dangerous. That’s why they have to put those warnings in there. But these batteries seem much safer than most. Even Samsung phones were catching on fire. So anything could happen. That’s why a lot of those battery warnings are in there so if they burn your house down you can’t turn around and sue them or something.

I read somewhere on this forum that at least one member places the battery into a ceramic coffee cup while
Charging, for safety. If it were to catch on fire you would have to deal with the toxic smoke, but the cup would likely prevent the fire from spreading.

I read somewhere on this forum that at least one member places the battery into a ceramic coffee cup while
Charging, for safety. If it were to catch on fire you would have to deal with the toxic smoke, but the cup would likely prevent the fire from spreading.
I would have to set mine in a pan. The quad charger wouldn’t fit in a cup.

Hey Lapeer20m, check out this very informative video from Rick at Drone Valley:
Cheers mate from Spike Western Australia [emoji1037][emoji1303]

Please, I bought a new mavic and how long do I leave the battery charging on first time?
What is the better % for me use the battery, before charging again?

I bought a new mavic and how long do I leave the battery charging on first time?
Keep the battery on the charger until it's done charging. You'll know it's done when the battery lights stop blinking.

What is the better % for me use the battery, before charging again?
You can recharge it from any percentage. There is no advantage to attempting to recharge it from a certain battery level.

Reactions: gilrampim
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inou