DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful when buying Polar Pro filters.

Mecan

Reactions
Be careful when buying Polar Pro filters (Mavic 3 Pro Filters). In backlight, the gold surface creates a reflection on the filter glass and the result is a bright and rather distracting spot in the frame ... function subordinate to design. It only does this in direct backlight, the sun in the frame...

Be careful when buying Polar Pro filters (Mavic 3 Pro Filters). In backlight, the gold surface creates a reflection on the filter glass and the result is a bright and rather distracting spot in the frame ... function subordinate to design. It only does this in direct backlight, the sun in the frame...
I bought Polar Pris's Circular Polizer/ND fter set and have same problem. PolarPro told me they consider the reflection "normal" and I should change my shot to accomodate the filter. I got my reflection on an overcast day and despite changing my shot ecactly 90 degrees to due NORTH!!!!

I bought Polar Pris's Circular Polizer/ND fter set and have same problem. PolarPro told me they consider the reflection "normal" and I should change my shot to accomodate the filter. I got my reflection on an overcast day and despite changing my shot ecactly 90 degrees to due NORTH!!!!
Tell Mark Cuban that he shouldn't be selling filters that create internal reflections! Eliminating reflections is sort of the point of a PL! That's a defective product! I'd demand a refund!

Reactions: Point Zero
PolarPro M3 polarizing filter has a problem with sunlight reflecting from the “golden” glass mount and showing itself in the image frame corner. NOT A GOOD LOOK.
1694718056537.jpeg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I am currently using the one from PolarPro. Before that, I tried the one from PGYTech, and STARTRC.

To be honest, none of them is perfect. Each has its own issues. But all things considered, PolarPro is the best of them all.

The polarizing filters from PYGTech and STARTRC share the same problem - they produce heavy vignetting toward the upper left corner of the images captured by 70mm lens (3X). The heavy vignetting is there in every single image, there is no way to avoid that. PGYTech and STARTRC have this problem because they share the same design - the filters diameter is too small to allow enough light to enter into the upper left corner of the 70mm lens.

The filter from PolarPro is noticeably larger when compared with the one from PGYTech and STARTRC, thus eliminate the lens vignetting issue for 3X. But it creates lens flare when shooting with 24mm lens in some extreme backlight situation. Because the situation is rare, so it is still much more usable, when compared to its counterpart from PGYTech and STARTRC.

If anyone found a perfect Polarizing filter for Mavic 3 Pro without any of the issues mentioned, please let me know.

Reactions: Greenflash
Same issue here with PP Circular PL/ND combo. Identical problem to the picture posted in post #4.
I use my M3 Pro Cine professionally and this is not acceptable at all. It should be addressed by them...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope