DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best camera "settings" w/no editing software?

Gsxr150

Reactions
Hi guys, so I'm going to fly and then just post the video for my friends to see. Can anyone tell me what the best overall "settings" are for the camera? Probably not 4k, right? I basically want to fly, dump the card, and send. Any help is appreciated!!

Regards

Just from what I have done and in talking to a friend who does this stuff for a living, I still think you will want to use the Custom -1,0,0 settings for Sharpness/Saturation/Contrast. For color, probably just stick with None - I have seen that work well, as the camera really does pick up some nice color without much work.

But beyond all that - just test and find your sweet spot. One setting will not be able to cover every situation. Especially if you are not going to edit in post. You will be making more changes than those using a flat profile or RAW (Photos).

I'd suggest (default) None and -2, -1, -1 Auto colour balance is OK if not trying to edit later.
You might want to keep it on 1080p to keep file size down but don't go above 30fps

I'd suggest (default) None and -2, -1, -1 Auto colour balance is OK if not trying to edit later.
You might want to keep it on 1080p to keep file size down but don't go above 30fps

Though if you are not going to do any editing, you are not going to want to drop that much. -2,-1,-1 is a much more dramatic change than -1,0,0 is.

But again, these are things the OP needs to see for themselves. we can throw numbers out all day long, but it is their eyes that have to like the results.

Agree it depends on the scene - and taste.
However I found default saturation garish in our muted wintry landscape, and any straight lines still doing that nasty jiggling thing on -1 sharpening

Good info, I'll try that setting. Does this guy also have a video of how he color grades?

Mavic - North Bay, CA

so what did you go for in the end? just got mine and am very curious to what you found was the best.

thanks

I have not tried anything just yet.

Msinger - I think you are sharing videos that discuss best settings for folks who are doing-post production work. I just want to flim, clip and share. LOL, I cannot even find how to get into the setting these folks are mentioning below. Gotta dig through this more.

Of course, with the latest firmware, Art is gone, and the rest is up in the air until footage is shared.

I still think you should stick with None (profile) and a -1, 0, 0 for Sharpness, Saturation, Contrast. Considering you wont be editing, no need to even worry about either of the D- profiles.

The settings are gotten to through the "settings" button below the shutter/record button. then, just look at the middle tab (dont have it in front of me) for those settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998