DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Camera Settings?

hkdman

Reactions
Hello - wondering what everyone does as far as color style and settings? I have been using Cinelike and -2,-2,-2 which is what Tom's Techtime suggested. What do you all use? I am going to Cancun in a few days and curious what would be good for shooting at the beach.

You can find a few other "best camera settings" videos here. There really are no best settings for everyone, but watching those videos might help you put together some settings that work well for you.

I think its all changed now after the new firmware as things have been tinkered with in the update.
D-Log seems to be the new favourite from what I`m seeing ............

Reactions: oshucomo
For me; because I know I'm going to be doing post production:
2.7K 24FPS or 4K 24 FPS
ART Profile
Custom Settings -1 -1 -1

2.7K 24FPS or 4K 24 FPS
ART Profile
Custom Settings -1 -1 -1

hey,
can i ask why you're using 24fps instead or 25 and 30fps?
i know it's supposed to have a more cinematic look although i find it hard to see the difference (especially with 25).
thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hi, you just answered the question. No real reason why. I'd prefer to use 60fps but we all know that the Mavic sucks at anything above 30.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: neo_xiii
Hello - wondering what everyone does as far as color style and settings? I have been using Cinelike and -2,-2,-2 which is what Tom's Techtime suggested. What do you all use? I am going to Cancun in a few days and curious what would be good for shooting at the beach.

Do a YouTube search for Philip Bloom. He has a segment on MP vid setting. He's one of THE best imho. Truly a great artist.

Long Live the Republic

God and Country,
J. Murphy

2.7K 24FPS or 4K 24 FPS
ART Profile
Custom Settings -1 -1 -1

Hello - I thought the ART profile went away with the last firmware update? Did you revert to a previous version? Also - why do you sometimes shoot in 2.7k? I would think that 4k 24/30 fps would be the standard selection - are there times when it makes more sense to shoot in 2.7k?

to be honest there is no such thing as the "best camera settings" if that was the case then Auto would be perfect. Its all about your style/taste when it comes to photo/videography... Not to mention your editing skills, do you want to bring everything in raw and tweak the colors after? Some people prefer post edits based on the flexibility.

to be honest there is no such thing as the "best camera settings" if that was the case then Auto would be perfect. Its all about your style/taste when it comes to photo/videography... Not to mention your editing skills, do you want to bring everything in raw and tweak the colors after? Some people prefer post edits based on the flexibility.

Actually there is a best camera settings and Auto isn't the best way to achieve them. In my opinion, Auto is in place for people who don't understand what it takes to manually adjust a camera. Auto will never take the place of manual adjustments and here's why. Auto will do everything it can to correctly expose an image even at the cost of having an unusable image. Auto doesn't follow the 180 degree shutter rule which is arguably the best setting(s) for smooth video, if you wanted to manipulate your frame rate (for whatever reason to have movements more crisp, etc), Auto can't do that. Best camera settings vary, but there is a such thing as Best Settings.

Hello - I thought the ART profile went away with the last firmware update? Did you revert to a previous version? Also - why do you sometimes shoot in 2.7k? I would think that 4k 24/30 fps would be the standard selection - are there times when it makes more sense to shoot in 2.7k?

I never updated my GoApp so when I downloaded Go4 the Art Profile carried over. I also (just recently), purchased Litchi which has the Art profile. I also use 2.7 simply because of file size. It's a preference, nothing more - nothing less.

Actually there is a best camera settings and Auto isn't the best way to achieve them. In my opinion, Auto is in place for people who don't understand what it takes to manually adjust a camera. Auto will never take the place of manual adjustments and here's why. Auto will do everything it can to correctly expose an image even at the cost of having an unusable image. Auto doesn't follow the 180 degree shutter rule which is arguably the best setting(s) for smooth video, if you wanted to manipulate your frame rate (for whatever reason to have movements more crisp, etc), Auto can't do that. Best camera settings vary, but there is a such thing as Best Settings.

You missed my point... if there was a such thing as "best settings" would you think that would be pre programmed as auto?... point being best setting is dependent upon what the photographer style and taste is... some uses like he over sharpened, vivid color look and that can be considered as best settings to them and recommended to other.

You missed my point... if there was a such thing as "best settings" would you think that would be pre programmed as auto?... point being best setting is dependent upon what the photographer style and taste is... some uses like he over sharpened, vivid color look and that can be considered as best settings to them and recommended to other.

Great points. I think once you get used to manually adjusting - that is the way to go. As noted - there is a rule of thumb as to the FPS versus shutter speed. But also - in Auto - the exposure will be constantly changing on you which may make post edit changes much more difficult.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky