DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Payload Dropper?

ryandaley

Reactions
I’m thinking of buying a payload/ air dropper for my mavic 2 pro, just for a bit of fun more than anything. Can anyone recommend one or alternatively advise me that it’s a bad idea!

i watched a video review of one and he had to use blue-tac to stick the receptor over the landing light, which I definitely don’t want to do!

I’m thinking of buying a payload/ air dropper for my mavic 2 pro, just for a bit of fun more than anything. Can anyone recommend one or alternatively advise me that it’s a bad idea!

i watched a video review of one and he had to use blue-tac to stick the receptor over the landing light, which I definitely don’t want to do!
i know people use them for dropping fishing line or bait ,but actually it is something that could get you in bother with the law makers as its not really allowed i wouldn't bother
plus you run the risk of the line getting tangled in the props ( end of drone )

1588173023849.png

If you want pushbutton dropper control for as far as the drone will fly, all droppers must attach to a drone light that can be turned on/off from your remote. They include a rechargeable battery but need a light source, headlights thru fiberoptics, to the solenoid,...on/off, closed/open.. Not WiFi or radio activated.

M2Pro has a fairly large payload capacity. Little less than Phantom

Gannet release is probably the best known, not sure if best, but it's used a lot for fishing rigs.
This is the range . . .

There are simple mechanical type and led activated / rechargeable battery models.

There are other options . . .
Here're the Google search results for drone dropper

Reactions: Capt KO
Gannet release is probably the best known, not sure if best, but it's used a lot for fishing rigs.
This is the range . . .

There are simple mechanical type and led activated / rechargeable battery models.

There are other options . . .
Here're the Google search results for drone dropper
My recommendation too. Use Gannet Sport, XSport, waiting for my Gannet Pro waterproof drone. ??

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Here's a very simple way to take your mate or a friend's fishing line to a likely fishing patch, inaccessible by normal casting!

The attached pictures tell the story, so wont bore you with too many details!

Just bend up some 1.6mm stainless brazing rod - (from local welding supplies shop)- to the shape and dimensions to suit your drone similar to the one shown.

Cover with heat shrink if desired. Attach to drone - Make sure to remove after use, before attempting to fold arms....(Repeat)

I have actually tried this and it does really work OK. Just make sure "sufficient" line flows easily from rod or reel. Use commonsense.

When drone is over the fishing spot. rotate drone 180 degrees (camera points back to you) fishing line loop drops off (or motor away from line) Rinse, repeat until time to change battery!!

Enjoy and welcome to any feedback!

Cheers - mereflyer

Fishing hook attached Mavic in flight.jpg Close up Mavic Fishing hook attachment.jpg Fishing hook attached to Mavic.jpg Stainless brazing wire bent to carry fishing line to patch.jpg

Disclaimer:
This info supplied as is - for your enjoyment only!
Be careful and you should have no problems.
No responsibility accepted for any incidents related to this article.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich