DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware of 3rd party propellers!

amanakoinum

Reactions
I just want to warn you of cheap knockoff propellers for the DJI Mavic.
I bought these off Ebay from China.
After just a few seconds and fortunately only in about 1m altitude, one of these cheap propellers exploded into pieces. Probably couldn't handle the centrifugal forces.
Luckily, the MavPro didn't get damaged, everything is still intact.
Luckily, these propellers couldn't even handle more than a few seconds, if they were just a little bit "better", they might have exploded in a higher altitude and caused significant damage to the Mavic.

I learned my lesson and will spend a few EUR more for legit props from DJI.

Attachments

• post-72833-0-26777400-1517005844.jpg
    post-72833-0-26777400-1517005844.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Simmo
Thanks for the warning Bud, however to be frank, I do not know of anyone that would risk their AC over a few cents??? (Oh, hang on, I do now...)

Reactions: Neebles and LucVN
Thanks for the warning Bud, however to be frank, I do not know of anyone that would risk their AC over a few cents??? (Oh, hang on, I do now...)

Well, looks like there are hundreds stupid like me ;) (371 sold):
2 Pairs DJI Mavic Pro PLATINUM Propeller 8331 Low Noise Quick Release | eBay

Unbenannt.jpg

We have discussed the use and practicality of 3rd party props many times with the same conclusions.... why try to save a few $

I just want to warn you of cheap knockoff propellers for the DJI Mavic.
I bought these off Ebay from China.
After just a few seconds and fortunately only in about 1m altitude, one of these cheap propellers exploded into pieces. Probably couldn't handle the centrifugal forces.
Luckily, the MavPro didn't get damaged, everything is still intact.
Luckily, these propellers couldn't even handle more than a few seconds, if they were just a little bit "better", they might have exploded in a higher altitude and caused significant damage to the Mavic.

I learned my lesson and will spend a few EUR more for legit props from DJI.
Wow. You were lucky indeed.
Good post.

Reactions: Simmo
I think a huge issue is that there are more people selling 3rd party props than OEM DJI props. A lot of people are probably unaware that they are buying 3rd party props. I bought some 3rd party 8330 props (just to check them out) and they look very similar to my OEM DJI 8330 props.

Reactions: Astrix
Well, it was pretty stupid to buy them and put them on. ;)
only if you have been keeping up in this subject here on this forum. it has been discussed over and over and over. it says you just joined, but if you have been lurking here as a guest, then I would think you should have seen those discussions. if you have and then still bought the props, well do I need to say more ....

But I admire you for speaking out. Maybe you will help someone else for the same mistake.

I wanted to say hello :)
A few weeks ago I bought a new Mavic Pro Platinum propellers from Gearbest.
View media item 1753
Did someone meet with something similar?
I have a little bit scared to flight using these propellers :/

lol.. look at the gap in between the rivets on them !! No way in Hell i'd use those props...

I have a little bit scared to flight using these propellers :/
They don't look like they are made very well. Why not use OEM DJI props?

I used some cheap replacements when i was first flying because i would fly to close to things and shred a blade or 2. But those wernt the quality i was looking for, they were uneven and my drone would "shake" in the air.

I always double check the props I am buying are genuine DJI ones.

I used some cheap replacements when i was first flying because i would fly to close to things and shred a blade or 2. But those wernt the quality i was looking for, they were uneven and my drone would "shake" in the air.

What's cheaper: shredding some $4.50 OEM blades or having a drone come falling out of the sky because cheap props failed? Also, if you're that bad of a flyer, you should have stopped entirely and bought yourself a cheapo drone to smash up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d