DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big Bear (Southern California)

The shots aren't bad, most of the fixes can be done in post, are you using any filters?

The shots aren't bad, most of the fixes can be done in post, are you using any filters?
I am not, since I'm new to camera stuff I don't know exactly what the best filter would be. I have watched videos online about the ND filters but still need help with choosing the best set.

I am not, since I'm new to camera stuff I don't know exactly what the best filter would be. I have watched videos online about the ND filters but still need help with choosing the best set.
Out here in the Inland Empire the sun is very strong, I normally use a NDPL 16, I really prefer Polarized filters to bring out the colors and cut through the haze we get out here.

Reactions: christopherg98
Out here in the Inland Empire the sun is very strong, I normally use a NDPL 16, I really prefer Polarized filters to bring out the colors and cut through the haze we get out here.
Also just go with the auto settings until you get more of the hang with the camera settings. Go over to the video section and watch my crane video. I used a NDPL 16 filter and flew right into the morning sun.

Reactions: christopherg98
Any tips for contrast? Decent at operating the drone but horrible with camera settings right now haha.
The lighting/contrast is ok for the first 2 photos. The sun needs to be mostly behind you, otherwise you'll get the hazy, lens flare, dark desaturated shadows look. Time of day will make a big difference, but some parts of the landscape will obviously be in shadow.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.17.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.17.50 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.18.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.18.46 AM.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.19.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.19.41 AM.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 18
Yes, ND 16 for sure. I even have an ND 8 and ND 32. Shoot RAW and you can color grade nicely and make photos look great. I like Adobe Lightroom...Photoshop is great but overkill for our drone photos unless they are for commercial use. I like what you shot. beautiful area! Keep at it. You'll learn more as you go.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizP