DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big gimbal issue

lunatic

Reactions
Hello,

So i bought my mavic pro not longer than 4 days ago, made maybe 5 flights and i had this issue with gimbal
before starting 2 times this issue as on video, but turning off and on battery helped, today i tried to launch my dron and this issue is happening after every turning on the battery and can't get rid of it at all.

Video:

Is there any way to fix it or my mavic is broken?

Greetings

Reactions: Walt Rush
Hello,

So i bought my mavic pro not longer than 4 days ago, made maybe 5 flights and i had this issue with gimbal
before starting 2 times this issue as on video, but turning off and on battery helped, today i tried to launch my dron and this issue is happening after every turning on the battery and can't get rid of it at all.

Video:

Greetings
You have some massive interference with the gimbal, try recalibrating the gimbal outside away from any interference, especially 2.4 GHz phones.
If that does not help you may have to send it in.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: lunatic
Hello,

Video:

Greetings
Also try reformatting the sd card in the Mavic, sounds weird but can fix many issues.
Regards,
-d.

:eek:
Kind of some awkward interference indeed.
If I was you I wouldn't let the gimbal act like that for so long... This could reduce the lifetime of the gimbal motors satisfactorily.

You have some massive interference with the gimbal, try recalibrating the gimbal outside away from any interference, especially 2.4 GHz phones.
If that does not help you may have to send it in.
Regards,
-d.
how i can recaliblate it if even if i put it away from possible interference it still shakes a little and calibration stops at 5%

That's a service call ahead, repair needed. A couple of people have had that defect before.

is there a way to format sd card within mavic software? dont have adapter today
Yes it is in the DJI GO4 app under the gimbal icon I think; it is in there somewhere.
Regards,
-d.

Yes it is in the DJI GO4 app under the gimbal icon I think; it is in there somewhere.
Regards,
-d.
thank u sir for that strange advice about sd card, after removing it from slot everything is working smooth... strange but works :)

thank u sir for that strange advice about sd card, after removing it from slot everything is working smooth... strange but works :)
Yeah, there are some gremlins around.
Regards,
-d.

Keep us posted if it happens again after reformatting the SD card. You said you removed the card and it worked ok, but did you try it again after reformatting and reinserting the card?

Keep us posted if it happens again after reformatting the SD card. You said you removed the card and it worked ok, but did you try it again after reformatting and reinserting the card?
Will keep u posted tomorrow when new sd card with adapter come, don't wont to put old one without formatting it, anyway made a small flight to 150m altitude without any problems and no shaking as well, gimbal calibration also went smooth.

Anyway this problem is kinda strange, i went today on a clean field and launch and flight on 1st battery was ok and after changing batteries the same problem from video returned, i guess there is no sollution for this i can do myself so i am contacting mavic dji rma service,
With or without sd card problem returned so i guess i was just lucky with that moment when it dissapered.

If you magicians have any ideas please share :) i am not so convinced to send it to rma as sometimes mavic is starting and flying totally without issue and then after problem is back it looks like a not temporaly issue

Anyway this problem is kinda strange, i went today on a clean field and launch and flight on 1st battery was ok and after changing batteries the same problem from video returned, i guess there is no sollution for this i can do myself so i am contacting mavic dji rma service,
With or without sd card problem returned so i guess i was just lucky with that moment when it dissapered.

If you magicians have any ideas please share :) i am not so convinced to send it to rma as sometimes mavic is starting and flying totally without issue and then after problem is back it looks like a not temporaly issue
Darn, I can not tell if the fact that it is intermittent means we can figure it out or it means a wire is loose. I am sorry I could not assist you better.
Regards,
-d.

Omg turn it off! Just return that completely and wait to get your money back then just buy a new one again, don't send it in for repair if your only had it for a few days, sometimes that one person gets a defective one

Even if you have magnetic interference I never seen a gimbal do that from interference.

I wish I had better advice. But, I dont... So what if it was trying to get a blouse shot in the background? Someone had to bring good it up.[emoji12]

Thanks for all the feedback but i guess there is no simple sollution that i can do myself and i am sending it today to Germany for RMA, hope they will no charge me extra and just replace that or fix

I was kidding. But I think you will have to send it in. I'd really like to hear of a DJI success story when it comes to warranty issues. Please keep us posted.

I wish I had better advice. But, I dont... So what if it was trying to get a blouse shot in the background? Someone had to bring good it up.[emoji12]
Sorry, missed that post, yea blouse's owner doesn't know she was recorded, tbh didn't notice how adorable that view was before:cool:, guess will need to delete that video soon anyway :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78