DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Forest CO Wildfire - 4 Years Later

ripple

Reactions
Hello all, just got my Mavic Pro a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd put together a little video of some of the remaining damage of a wildfire here in Black Forest, CO.

I decided on a monochrome video and also did not shoot any remaining burned out structures/homes becuase of privacy reasons (I wouldn't want that happen to me). Keep in mind I'm new at this...so be kind in your comments...lol

Matt

Reactions: Mission North
Good job and nice edit.

Now, go back when the new vegetation starts to come back in and do a "rebirth" in color for a nice contrast.

Keep up the good work.

Good job and nice edit.

Now, go back when the new vegetation starts to come back in and do a "rebirth" in color for a nice contrast.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Robert! It may be another 4 years. LOL The hardest hit and hottest burn areas are still moonscapes.

Thanks Robert! It may be another 4 years. LOL The hardest hit and hottest burn areas are still moonscapes.
You probably aren't far off in your estimate, but it can start amazingly fast.

I saw Yellowstone about 8 years after a devastating fire there. It was amazing how much had come back by then. New seedlings were already 6 feet tall.

Seems like once it gets started it accelerates exponentially.

Thanks for sharing. I live as far north in Black Forest as you can get , right on the El Paso/Douglas County line and appreciate the video. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for sharing. I live as far north in Black Forest as you can get , right on the El Paso/Douglas County line and appreciate the video. Keep up the good work.

I'm down on the east end of Burgess Rd. That's where the footage was taken. Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi