DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blood moon Capture - Settings?

Because these things are nothing to do with drones, they are basic principles of photography which you ought to have at least a grasp of if you go out and spend hundreds of whatever currency on a flying camera.
A question was asked and got a realistic, honest answer. Off several people.
If you don't want to hear an honest, correct, answer than why ask the question?
Or would you rather people just lie about basic physics and photography to make you feel better?

This is absolute basic photography, nothing to do with drones. Its something 5 seconds of google could have yielded as well.

Some people seem to be getting very snowflakey on here.

Did you mum not teach you how that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it...?

Bored of you know, I'm off to converse with real.people.

A question was asked and replies were given by several people stating the correct answer.
Just because you didn't like the correct answer doesn't mean the replies aren't correct.

If you really didn't want to know why did you bother asking?

Or are you going full on snowflake and need a hug because someone disagreed with you?

Reactions: W2EJ and Thwyllo
Unfortunately even a camera with the power of the Hubble telescope won't be able to do anything for me this evening. Currently I'm looking at dark grey skies with no sign of clearing and threatening thunderstorms. No blood moon for me tonight

You didn't miss an awful lot...it was interesting but at its "blood red" peak I can't see anyone getting a usable shot with a drone camera - the amount of light involved was absolutely minimal. It's currently midnight here in SW France and it's a shining crescent as the eclipse fades but the wrong way round.

To be honest I was more interested in looking at Mars in the scope which is the closest it's going to be in a long time.

A question was asked and replies were given by several people stating the correct answer.
Just because you didn't like the correct answer doesn't mean the replies aren't correct.

If you really didn't want to know why did you bother asking?

Or are you going full on snowflake and need a hug because someone disagreed with you?

Still talking ...

I took from shots from Geneva but not yet sure about the result... I have to check this today. Not really confident.....

You didn't miss an awful lot...it was interesting but at its "blood red" peak I can't see anyone getting a usable shot with a drone camera - the amount of light involved was absolutely minimal. It's currently midnight here in SW France and it's a shining crescent as the eclipse fades but the wrong way round.

To be honest I was more interested in looking at Mars in the scope which is the closest it's going to be in a long time.
If the sky had been clear I'd have been out with the DSLR. Much as I like my Mavic I still use a 'real' camera when I want good photos. Coincidentally the International Space Station was passing over here at the same time. Getting both together would have been great but alas it wasn't to be.

Reactions: Lake_Flyer