DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

blurry video

BigDan

Reactions
I flew two flights at lunch today. On the first flight, I pushed the record button at about 20' of altitude and recorded a ten minute flight.

Landed. Waited 1 minute for no reason and took back off again. Once in the air, I pushed the record video button again.

I got back to the office and the first video was blurry from the beginning to the end. It looked like it was focused 3 ft away from the camera because when I walked up to pick it up, my shoe was in perfect focus.

The second video was perfectly in focus.

I didn't do anything intentional on either of these. They are actually only my second and third flights.

On the first flight I had a beep from the controller and it said something about an error.... but all seemed to be still operational and it seemed to go away on it's own. I'm a veteran RC pilot and not quite used to looking at the controller yet (in lieu of the aircraft).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The beep is when the controller focuses after takeoff, but if there's nothing suitable in frame it will fail. Either check it worked, or do it yourself anyway.

It sounds like you forgot to tap the screen to set the focus prior to starting your flight.

1. Start up the Remote, Drone and App.
2. Take off.
3. Get to a decent height, find something with good contrast along the horizon and tap the screen on the phone to focus. You will then be focused to Infinity.

For better or worse, this Tap Focus needs to be a part of the startup procedure every time you turn on the drone (even swapping batteries). Love it or hate it, it is now part of the process. Do not let the drone decide what should be in focus.

thanks for this.......was going to ask about this but glad I did a quick search

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys