DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Borrego Springs Wildflowers and Sculptures FPV

I thought the Anza Borrego Desert didn't bloom until April? When was this made?

Comments:

You're traveling too fast. Viewers don't have any time to look at and enjoy the scenery.
Your drone is setup to tilt the horizon whenever you turn left or right. Annoying.
The desert is beautiful! Thanks for the flower names.

very nice...and I agree that you could slow that down 50% to great effect. My mother was a rock hound and passed through that area often and loved it.

Very nice!

I thought the Anza Borrego Desert didn't bloom until April? When was this made?

Comments:

You're traveling too fast. Viewers don't have any time to look at and enjoy the scenery.
Your drone is setup to tilt the horizon whenever you turn left or right. Annoying.
The desert is beautiful! Thanks for the flower names.
This video was made 12/27/22 and 12/28. Yes, very unusual to have a wildflower bloom in December. I am flyng FPV with the Avata set to Rock steady mode instead of Horizon steady. Just personal preference because I like seeing the actual perspective of what would be seen from the point of view of the drone. As a fixed wing pilot the horizon tilts with each bank of course and I prefer seeing that since it is what I am use to. Most drone video's are filmed with Cinematic drones that keep the horizon level so I understand that most viewers may prefer that.
With the recent heavy rains in the west there is a great chance we may see a super bloom in many places, including Carizzo Plain and even Death Valley. When these places light up it is incredible! Maybe as soon as next month.
very nice...and I agree that you could slow that down 50% to great effect. My mother was a rock hound and passed through that area often and loved it.
Yes, maybe a bit too fast. Next time I will try to include some slower video. I am a rock hound as well, mostly for flintknapping (Cherts, flint, agate, Jasper, Obsidian, etc)
Very nice!
Thanks!!

As I watched I figured it was an Avata or FPV and thought the horizon movement was really appropriate. I liked the sense of movement that it provided. I think this would have been a good kind of flight that filming with no steady state would have been useful in that you could use Gyroflow to create a steady horizon in any area you'd like and a less steady in another area. That may have been of no interest to you but I've become a big fan of Gyroflow on the Avata for that reason. I used that on some recent videos and was happy to have the ability to choose how much 'steady' I wanted in post but it is admittedly a time sink which is probably the best reason to not bother with it. Well done and much appreciated. It's interesting that Mavic 3 and I assume other drones allow you to set the gimble so it doesn't steady the horizon (at least I think it does) but we rarely see people make use of that creatively, including myself.

Big fan of your video's. I liked the speed of your film. It helps show the overwhelming scope of the desert in bloom. I have shots of the poppy's here in the antelope valley that are beautiful, but they just don't show what the eye saw.

As I watched I figured it was an Avata or FPV and thought the horizon movement was really appropriate. I liked the sense of movement that it provided. I think this would have been a good kind of flight that filming with no steady state would have been useful in that you could use Gyroflow to create a steady horizon in any area you'd like and a less steady in another area. That may have been of no interest to you but I've become a big fan of Gyroflow on the Avata for that reason. I used that on some recent videos and was happy to have the ability to choose how much 'steady' I wanted in post but it is admittedly a time sink which is probably the best reason to not bother with it. Well done and much appreciated. It's interesting that Mavic 3 and I assume other drones allow you to set the gimble so it doesn't steady the horizon (at least I think it does) but we rarely see people make use of that creatively, including myself.
Thanks. I have looked into Gyroflow but have not tried it. I am using a Macbook with iMovie so my editing abilities are limited and it sometimes takes most of my limited 248GB storage to process video's as it is. For my purposes the Avata video is pretty good as is unless it is windy, then is could use the Gyro stabilization. When it gets windy I fly the DJI FPV, it flies much smoother in the wind and no risk of flyaway!
Big fan of your video's. I liked the speed of your film. It helps show the overwhelming scope of the desert in bloom. I have shots of the poppy's here in the antelope valley that are beautiful, but they just don't show what the eye saw.
Yeah, the speed is all relative to altitude above ground, so even 18 mph 3' above the ground looks really fast. The Borrego springs bloom was very sketchy, seemed to run in avenues with bare areas between the avenues, so gaining altitude showed more bare areas, thus the low flight to enhance those sections where the bloom was concentrated. I'm getting excitied about a big bloom this season in Carrizo plain, it could be a doozy. Even out here around Vegas might have some potential if the rains continue. We have already had enough that I expect the whole desert to get green in a few weeks. Thanks

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez