DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought Fly more w/RC Pro Refurb from BestBuy, what to check

As far as I know the only hard restriction on getting Care Refresh on a drone is that it hasn't had Care Refresh once in the past.
Is there a way to check that?

Is there a way to check that?

Awesome thanks. So they want you to actually fly it. Makes sense.
This should give you a better idea:

Reactions: mswlogo
...I'm uploading the "Black Box Data". I know there is flight data in it, but they seem huge. Not sure I can access once uploaded.
No need to mess around with the craft stored flight logs... they are encrypted for a Mavic 3 Pro & no one besides DJI can decrypt them. And you as a user have no way to delete them... so the previous owner didn't forget anything. These logs gets overwritten on running basis when the memory gets full.

The logs you can use gets created by the DJI Fly app & gets stored in the screen device you fly with... phone, tablet or in your case the RC Pro which is handled & connects to a computer in the same way as other Android based devices.

Go here & read up on how to retrieve them...
HOW TO: Copy TXT flight logs from DJI RC remote controller

No need to mess around with the craft stored flight logs... they are encrypted for a Mavic 3 Pro & no one besides DJI can decrypt them. And you as a user have no way to delete them... so the previous owner didn't forget anything. These logs gets overwritten on running basis when the memory gets full.

The logs you can use gets created by the DJI Fly app & gets stored in the screen device you fly with... phone, tablet or in your case the RC Pro which is handled & connects to a computer in the same way as other Android based devices.

Go here & read up on how to retrieve them...
HOW TO: Copy TXT flight logs from DJI RC remote controller
Thanks

Can I wipe it all?

Can I safely factory reset (including any data) RC Pro and Drone? Without messing up Bonding/Activation?

Thanks

Can I wipe it all?

Can I safely factory reset (including any data) RC Pro and Drone? Without messing up Bonding/Activation?
Don't know if there is some kind of reset for the RC Pro... but the only thing that's recommended to delete when selling is the flight logs in the RC Pro... & you can do that in the same way as you delete files from an Android phone.

And as said earlier... the only way to get rid of earlier flight logs from the drone... is to fly more so the old gets overwritten.

I Factory Reset Drone and RC Pro (both easy). All flight logs are gone. Bound it to my account.
And I see an old drone I had on the RC Pro in Devices.
I log into DJI Fly on my Phone and I see the devices (including new Mavic 3 Pro). All Good.

But if I go to repair.dji.com (to sign up for Care Refresh) I only see my old drones.

I think you need to put in Care Refresh "Video Request" and they mail you those instructions.

I assume it has to do with the fact it was activated on another account initially.
Not sure how to kick off the process.

I Factory Reset Drone and RC Pro (both easy). All flight logs are gone. Bound it to my account.
And I see an old drone I had on the RC Pro in Devices.
I log into DJI Fly on my Phone and I see the devices (including new Mavic 3 Pro). All Good.

But if I go to repair.dji.com (to sign up for Care Refresh) I only see my old drones.

I think you need to put in Care Refresh "Video Request" and they mail you those instructions.

I assume it has to do with the fact it was activated on another account initially.
Not sure how to kick off the process.
I would follow the instructions here:

I was confused because the drone was not showing on the web account. You usually pick a bounded device you want Care Refresh for.

I asked support and they said no way to get Care Refresh.

Then I just submitted Video Verify anyway and they responded like in 30 minutes with a Yes. So now I have 72 hrs to buy it.

Now should I buy it before a test flight or after :)

Two annoyances so far. Using the keyboard on some apps on the RC Pro controller is a nightmare. The keyboard completely obscures what you are typing into.

I run into that on iOS too when it’s landscape. And it won’t auto rotate to portrait. Maybe there is a setting to allow auto rotate.

I could not copy the video to my Mac, the controller just would not show up. I know the normal stuff to check. I’ll figure that out, but I was in a rush. Just wanted to get video submitted.

So I figured I’ll just upload to YouTube on the RCPro. 30 minutes later I finally did. Buttons off screen, keyboard in the way. Just Awful.

Maybe after some Android tweaks I can fix that.

Also GPS on drone is just funky. Same as Mavic 3 was. Never seen a GPS get a good lock, then lose it, get it again, lose it over and over. Once a GPS does get a lock it usually improves to get better locks on more SATs.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Did a quick test flight, all good.

2 batteries have 0 charge cycles, 1 battery had 4.

DJI Care Refresh is Activated (2 Year)

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne