DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new Mavic pro battery wont charge

Nooch13

Reactions
I just bought a new Mavic pro from a 3rd party seller. It was clearly unused so I’m a bit confused as to why. I doubt dji will cover as I’m not the first buyer. Any suggestions??

I just bought a new Mavic pro from a 3rd party seller. It was clearly unused so I’m a bit confused as to why. I doubt dji will cover as I’m not the first buyer. Any suggestions??

Do you have another battery to see if that will charge. Sometimes we assume it is the battery only to find out it’s the charger.

@Nooch13 from what you have said ,it would seem reasonable to surmise, that due to the batteries age that it has gone so flat, that it will no longer take on a charge you say its a mavic pro ,is it a MP1 or the mavic pro platinum ,the batteries for both those models are the same apart from the colour of the cases ,and you are more likely to be able to purchase MPP ones, as the original MP1 batteries are getting thin on the ground now

@Nooch13 from what you have said ,it would seem reasonable to surmise, that due to the batteries age that it has gone so flat, that it will no longer take on a charge you say its a mavic pro ,is it a MP1 or the mavic pro platinum ,the batteries for both those models are the same apart from the colour of the cases ,and you are more likely to be able to purchase MPP ones, as the original MP1 batteries are getting thin on the ground now
Thank you sir! Are there any trusted after market batteries or do I need to stick to dji brand? I see a bunch on amazon.

on another note, what part of the uk are you from? I was stationed in Mildenhall and was a loosehead prop for Mildenhall and Bury St Edmonds.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Thank you sir! Are there any trusted after market batteries or do I need to stick to dji brand? I see a bunch on amazon.

on another note, what part of the us are you from? I was stationed in Mildenhall and was a loosehead prop for Mildenhall and Bury St Edmonds.
i am originally from Loughborough In Leicestershire, but have lived in Wales for over 40 + years and consider myself an adopted welshman now
i would stick to DJI batteries if you can but there are aftermarket ones available ,but i cant really say how good they are as i have never used them

Whatever source you utilize, make sure they have a return policy so if this occurs again, you’re covered.

Reactions: zeusfl
I got a good deal on a "new" Mavic Pro, and it had apparently been in a warehouse on a shelf for almost three years. Same deal with mine, the "new" battery won't charge at all. The lowest green LED on the battery just flashes 16 times, then repeats. Luckily, I also have a Mavic Pro Platinum. The batteries are the same (other than the color), and those work fine. I would recommend NOT purchasing non-DJI batteries. My buddy tried that (he bought two), and while they worked for two charges, the drone now gives him a "battery error" when he flies with them. I think DJI batteries have something special in the CPU in the battery to let the drone know they are genuine DJI batteries. B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders has new batteries for the Mavic Pro. I've had good luck purchasing items from them.

on another note, what part of the uk are you from? I was stationed in Mildenhall and was a loosehead prop for Mildenhall and Bury St Edmonds.
Just wishing you well, I'm in King's Lynn not to far from Mildenhall and Lakenheath.

I fly with the following batteries & have done for a few years now. Great batteries & great after sales service too!
Powerextra Mavic Pro Battery, 2-Pack

I hope I post this in the right forum. I have a Mavic Pro. My batteries are 3 years old but work fine. I think that the problem with Nooch13's battery is that it has remained without charge for too long and once they go flat, there is little chance to bring them back.

Warning to anyone searching out a used or older version Mavic. Make sure that the batteries are chargeable before buying.

On an unrelated issue, I just checked the serial number and manufactured date of my 3 Mavic Pro batteries which came in the Fly-More package. I verified the serial number of each battery and I found that two of my batteries have exactly the same serial number. One has 41 charge cycles, and the other has 42 charge cycles.

HOW CAN TWO DIFFERENT BATTERIES HAVE IDENTICAL SERIAL NUMBERS?? See the photo where I printed out both photos on the same page.

This is a mystery to me and I hope anyone who reads this may have a reasonable explanation. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20200823_013756.jpg
    20200823_013756.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc