DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BREAKING Flights at Gatwick Airport halted amid reports of drone flying in area

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys I just got on and responded to 5 reports in this .
I hate it also but the Political rants have been removed as
well as some language edited . I issued no warnings BUT
Anymore after this point I will.
Try and discuss this and be civil . I hate it as much as anyone

but we need not try and violate guidelines here .
Thank-You

The airport is closed now until Friday. There are credible reports that it is a group of Eco loons

The airport is closed now until Friday. There are credible reports that it is a group of Eco loons
Eco terrorists, and hopefully when they are caught they will be treated as terrorists.

Unfortunately for all of us I think we will all be painted with the same brush.

I hope that the police have checked out Amberley Fields Caravan Club Site.

IF I was to be launching an attack on the airport then that is where I would base myself. You can pop up from behind the trees and be over the runway in a matter of a few seconds.

Anyway, in other news, a monster or monsters have been sighted in a large loch in Scotland, unfortunately despite many many many people claiming to have seen said monster, no one has been able to get a clear picture of said monster, or any picture for that mater that resembles anything but a non descript blob

Although authorities and members of the house of Lords have reportedly, immediately called for an all out ban on monsters and or heavy licensing restrictions on owning or having monsters, despite the lack of any evidence they were even monsters in the alleged sightings ;):)

Reactions: choo choo
Anyway, in other news, a monster or monsters have been sighted in a large loch in Scotland, unfortunately despite many many many people claiming to have seen said monster, no one has been able to get a clear picture of said monster, or any picture for that mater that resembles anything but a non descript blob

Although authorities and members of the house of Lords have reportedly, immediately called for an all out ban on monsters and or heavy licensing restrictions on owning or having monsters, despite the lack of any evidence they were even monsters in the alleged sightings ;):)

I’ve seen Nessie and had a pic but she rose out of the water and snatched my drone out of the sky. Gatwick needs Nessie. Godzilla is just a cheap Japanese import.

#gatwickneedsnessie

I have not had time to read all comments here (sorry) but somebody at any airport should have the authority to shoot down drones at airports IMHO and then follow up with prosecution.

I have not had time to read all comments here (sorry) but somebody at any airport should have the authority to shoot down drones at airports IMHO and then follow up with prosecution.
Sounds easy...

I hope that the police have checked out Amberley Fields Caravan Club Site.

IF I was to be launching an attack on the airport then that is where I would base myself. You can pop up from behind the trees and be over the runway in a matter of a few seconds.
Good intel, no doubt the authorities missed this...

Reactions: wombat

It’s amazing how reports of the Loch Ness monster seem to be timed to coincide with the start of the tourist season. Hmm, coincidence? Lol

Reactions: Dw911
Gatwick has reopened. They say they “have measures in place”. Drone operator/s has not been caught. Chris Grayling has said that “endangering an airport” can carry a life sentence.

Most newspapers using images of "industrial drones" on their front pages except for Metro which has a Mavic [emoji35]

BBC News - Newspaper headlines: Chaos of the Gatwick 'speck in the sky'
Chaos of the Gatwick 'speck in the sky'

350,000? Was only 120,000 yesterday and “ruined Christmas” is stretching it a bit. “Lives have been destroyed” by this was just uttered on BBC 5 live. Again, it’s a very serious matter and disruptive to many people but sensationalist reporting leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clinton1
350,000? Was only 120,000 yesterday and “ruined Christmas” is stretching it a bit. “Lives have been destroyed” by this was just uttered on BBC 5 live. Again, it’s a very serious matter and disruptive to many people but sensationalist reporting leaves a lot to be desired.

350,000? Where have I heard this figure in the media before? :confused:

I heard there were around 110,000 passengers affected yesterday and there are 120,000 due to fly today, so a *potential* 230,000 ish. Don't know how they got to 350k, but we all know what the media are like with figures...

Reactions: HeavensAbove
Whether it turns out to be Eco, muslim or whatever deluded group or individual have perpetrated this, the fact remains that they did, and were able to continue, unabated for days.

We all know there are quite a few people out there with squirells juggling knives in their heads intent on forcing their delusions on everyone else, so what can be done to prevent others from thinking..hey I could do that, maybe with even more devastating consequencies.

Registration, licencing, all good but crazy people dont always operate within the law, I dont want to be alarmist but today what`s stopping some idiot from buying a drone, arming it somehow and flying over a busy shopping centre etc..etc..don`t imagine for a second this thought isn`t swirling around some tw*ts excuse for a brain as you peruse this board.

And this worries me, Ive only just got into the hobby, spent a fortune and really love it, but can see my enjoyment and rights being curtailed by a minority of self indulgent morons who think we should all think as they do .....

Last edited:
i would like to appolagise to all those passengers and everybody who was caught up in the recent events at gatwick i am sure that no person on this or other forums would support such abhorrent use of UAVs if that is what they were i hope that we dont get some knee jerk reaction from goverment and that common sense will prevail and that the perpertrators of this sad event will be prosecuted with the full force of the law

Last edited:
Not to offend any of my fellow community members. I have been reading this with much interest, and also think that the person, or persons that are responsible for this chaos is a bunch of idiots that is not part of the hobby community. That said, i also laugh at how clueless the " powers to be " is. I am in a so called Third World Country, South Africa, and looking at how this First World Country, United Kingdom handled this, is absolutely embarrassing. The knee jerk reaction to all of this is beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa