DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bringing mavic on airplane

Yes. Carry on, draining the batteries is preferred rather than a full charge. Tape the ends of the batteries so that the connectors are protected. Some people put the batteries into special travel bags. I did not have them. No problems going through security or customs. I flew from Canada to Mexico with no problems either way.

IMG_0484.JPG A Lipo Safety Bag is always to prefere when you storing your batteries or travel with them. And they are not expensive.

Reactions: RobP62
Just don't check the batteries in your luggage. That (at least for Air Canada) is a 'no fly'
Southwest is the same way. Carry on only. But there are limits. The have it all on their site. Best to check first. I saw a nice hard case some guys are buying (20 -40 bucks depending on where you get it) and was wondering if that would classify as a laptop bag or brief. Would be my preferred since the everything is separate (batts) and no possible contact.

Reactions: bwall525
Yes, just brought my Mavic on a flight today with no problems or questions at all as handcarry. As stated above, please do NOT put any of the lithium batteries in checked bags! Huge safety issue.

Yes, just brought my Mavic on a flight today with no problems or questions at all as handcarry. As stated above, please do NOT put any of the lithium batteries in checked bags! Huge safety issue.
Thabks

Southwest is the same way. Carry on only. But there are limits.
There is no limit to the number of Mavic batteries that can be carried in a carry-on bag. This should be the same for all other airlines too.

I just flew from Florida -> California -> Australia -> then my final destination in Australia

Airlines were American Airlines, Qantas and Jetstar. I passed through three security checkpoints with my Mavic inside a backpack with four batteries and the controller. That backpack was inside another backpack... nobody batted an eyelid.

I just flew from Florida -> California -> Australia -> then my final destination in Australia

Airlines were American Airlines, Qantas and Jetstar. I passed through three security checkpoints with my Mavic inside a backpack with four batteries and the controller. That backpack was inside another backpack... nobody batted an eyelid.

This is good to know. In the past, I've had to take my inspire 1 batteries out as they said it was difficult to screen with batteries, iPad, etc all in a backpack. My experience is if the baggage is too dense, they'll pull you over to manually screen it.
I'll be on a plane with mavic this weekend so look forward to seeing if they pass me through with the DJI bag full with mavic, batts inside a larger backpack with headphones and iPad

I have a tech go bag we take on vaca. It has everything from international adapters to 13000 mah batt backups. I pack all our vaping supplies, and even through in a 6 outlet power cord amongst other things. I am amazed (and glad) it goes through without question.

Now on a recent trip from the DR, one of our party was stopped for a paperback book, and detained at security.

Crazy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre