DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken gimbal rear cover

freelanderuk

Reactions
I know this is mentioned various times on the forum but has anybody with access to a 3D printer thought about making some of these , it seams a bit much having to send every thing back to DJI to get this replaced by exchanging your Mavic which may have no other problems for a Mavic that potentially could gave problems .

I would be top of the list for buying one
Studio_20170401_160156_zpszcresavl.jpg

Studio_20170401_160156_zpszcresavl.jpg

Last edited:
I'd suggest including in the post your location. It would be easier to decide whether sending you 3d printed parts is worth the effort. If you had 3d file for it you could also try using shapeways, 3dhubs or some other services that offer commercial 3d printing.
I could try modelling the broken part in next week when I have some spare time.

Reactions: freelanderuk
That sucks, how did it break? Always think im going to break mine getting that gimbal lock out.

Many thanks for your reply, I live in the UK , I do not have a 3D file for it and would not no where to start making one but any help would be appreciated

Regards
Chris

I bought the Mavic second hand and it arrived like this, no mention of this in the advert, I am trying to return but will have to wait and see what happens

Cheers
Chris

Could work with UK, expected you to be in the US and shipping that across the ocean is too much bother. I'm in continental Europe, and have to check what are shipping rates to the UK. Around next week I could make 3d file for the part but that depends on my free time.

Reactions: freelanderuk
Thanks , even if you just made the file I could find someone local to me to print it , if you made and posted the cover I obviously would cover any cost incurred
Many thanks
Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998