DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Button fell off controller (and lost)

You are not the only one. It also just happend to me while my controller was in my camera bag.

Did you already find a solution/replacement for it :) ?

Flew a little bit today. Took the mavic out of its pack, walk around in a front yard, landed, packed it back up and left. Nothing rigorous.
Took it out for another flight tonight and noticed one of the buttons missing from the controller. Turned the pack inside out... nothing. No idea how this could have happened. I don't even remember what the button was for, but I'm annoyed that it's gone. :eek:

Is this common or am I just the lucky one? Wondering if DJI will warranty it....
I can live without this button, and sure I would't return it to DJI to fix it and stay for an eternity without my bird....

You are not the only one. It also just happend to me while my controller was in my camera bag.

Did you already find a solution/replacement for it :) ?

Well honestly, I kept forgetting about it. haha. Your message reminded me about it. So I have been working on this for about an hour now. Here's what has happened so far...
  1. Called the support #
  2. The automated message suggest I use their online support
  3. So I went to their online chat/support
  4. Spent a ridiculous amount of time with some mindless drone who couldn't comprehend the most basic concepts
  5. I finally got fed up and closed the chat window
  6. Called the support # again
  7. Got put in a queue (only 1 person ahead of me it said)
  8. About 15 minutes later, it says I'm in.... and it rings again... then silence... waiting waiting... then hangs up.
  9. I called back again and now I'm #3 in the queue

Some of the highlights from the online support chat...

Support: "When did you buy the Mavic"
Me: "December"
Support: "Of which year?"
Me: "2016. The Mavic has only been available since Oct 2016"
Support: "Is it under warranty?"
Me: "Well I think it has a 1 year warranty and it hasn't even been available for a year"
Support: "I need the invoice"
Me: "I don't have an invoice, I bought it online from Best Buy. Do you want a screen shot of it or for me to email you the delivery confirmation?"
Support: "You need to attach the invoice"
Support: "Do you want to send it in for repair?"
Me: "I was hoping you could just send a replacement button"
Support: "It's not possible"
Me: "Why not?"
Support: "It has to be sent in for diagnosis"
Me: "The diagnosis is that is that the button fell out and it needs a new one."
Support: "We have to evaluate it"
Me: "Bye"

Well I finally got through on phone support. Same story....
She told me I need to send it in and they will replace the controller. It would take 7-10 days AFTER they receive it.
I'll have to live without the button.
Too bad I don't have much 3D modeling smarts, I would just print one out on the 3D printer. I'm seeing tons of 3D models out there for Mavic parts & accessories, but not this button :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife