DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration

coanbread751

Reactions
Every time I think I have calibrated everything , I see a thread mentioning calibrating another aspect of the drone.

Can someone provide a FULL list of every thing in the drone that can be calibrated and where that setting is located in the menu? (IMU, Compass, Lens, Controller Sticks, etc.)

You will find all the answers in the manual. It is quite helpful so you should read it before you do anything with the Mavic.

You should really not be calibrating anything unless prompted to do so by the app, with the exception of the Compass the first time after receiving the Mavic and should your location change by 30+ miles or so.

Calibrating the IMU should definitely be the last resort before contacting DJI if you have an issue which all the other ones do not help resolved and this goes hand in hand with dropping back or forcing the same f/w update and doing a complete factory default reset.

The others, Controller, Lens, Gimbal should only be carried out if you have an issue connected with any of them, e.g. Controller errors or slight focusing issues. Resetting the Camera is also a good step to take if the issue is there. Saying that with these it probably will not do any harm in re-calibrating but there is really no need to unless you are experiencing issues.

You should really not be calibrating anything unless prompted to do so by the app, with the exception of the Compass the first time after receiving the Mavic and should your location change by 30+ miles or so.

Calibrating the IMU should definitely be the last resort before contacting DJI if you have an issue which all the other ones do not help resolved and this goes hand in hand with dropping back or forcing the same f/w update and doing a complete factory default reset.

The others, Controller, Lens, Gimbal should only be carried out if you have an issue connected with any of them, e.g. Controller errors or slight focusing issues. Resetting the Camera is also a good step to take if the issue is there. Saying that with these it probably will not do any harm in re-calibrating but there is really no need to unless you are experiencing issues.
As I said: You will find all the answers in the manual. It is quite helpful so you should read it before you do anything with the Mavic.

As I said: You will find all the answers in the manual. It is quite helpful so you should read it before you do anything with the Mavic.
I completely agree on reading the manual but there are caveats, the manual states not to calibrate the compass until prompted. This is not necessarily best practice. It does not hurt to offer a little help on here, the manual is not always correct :)

Reactions: Heavysledz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman