DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera/Gimbal Shakes

wickedal

Reactions
Has anyone experienced these horizontal vibrations/blurring like on my attached video?

I have noticed that my Mavic's camera or gimbal sometimes produces these horizontal vibrations/shakes. Flown 4 hours so far and it happened 6x times. It usually lasts for 1-2 seconds.

Calibrated the gimbal and compass each time before flights. Latest firmwares on each devices. No crashes, gimbal rubber bands are in place. No errors displayed in DJI Go or on the RC. Obviously gimbal clamp was removed as well before starting up Mavic.

Settings: 2.5k, 25p, ISO100, flown in P-mode with around 10m/s speed.

First thought it was due to wind, but then it happened with barely any wind around as well. Also, it only happened while the camera was pointing straight to the horizon or aimed slightly towards the ground. But never happened while angled between 45-90 degrees.

Other then this, camera/gimbal seems to work just fine, but it's really annoying as can ruin easily some of the long takes.

Any ideas what causes these?

I've started to see this kind of thing too. Today I went to fly and my gimbal was giving me all sorts of trouble. Seems every flight I find something else going wrong...

It seems like I found the source of the problem in my case.

Basically those vibrations happen when the Mavic jumps a tiny bit. But since it was recording video with very short shutter speed (usually above 1/1000th/sec) it emphasised the bump and created those artefact.

Now that I've used it with the PolarPro Cinema filters and am being able to shoot with 1/50th-100th/sec shutter speed, it removed this artefact. Only noticed this one hiccup, but it was very subtle compared to the ones before using the filter. This one shouldn't even be to hard to remove in post if needed to.

Hope this helps.

I had exactly the same issue when I bought it. For me it appeared only in sport mode, others had reported it in P modes as well. I was ready to send it back in DJI when a new firmware version appeared (i think it was 0.400). I tried that and the problem was 99% gone. I kept 1% because I still have it but very rarely. Be sure to do gimbal and IMU calibrations, it may help. Also check if your gimbal is positioned as it should be. There is a DJI video on youtube about that.

Thanks Peros550 for the info. Haven't tried IMU calibration yet, but did gimbal cal. and firmwares are up to date.
Could you link the video for the gimbal video? I couldn't manage to find it on DJI's website or youtube channel.

Same happens to my Mavic usually when in strong wind or increasing/reducing altitude or making light to moderate turns.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest