DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera shaky

Mnewsom13

Reactions
Hey guys I am new here and I was out flying with mavic pro the other day and my quality of my camera went real shaky. I will attach some of the footage below. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! It starts to happen around the 20 second mark.

Last edited:
You need to put your Mavic in a low-level hover where you can actually see it. It appears that the 'shaking' starts when you rotate the camera gimbal up or down.
Try doing that in the hover and actually observe with your mark-1 eyeball - to see if this is a physical shake of the camera gimbal assembly. If you can see a physical shake, then you'll need to look at the camera platform mounts (like small rubber bands at each corner), - check if those are intact - and check if the platform is under the tab at the rear of the assembly (there's a suspension tab that the gimbal platform can get on top of rather than underneath - and if that happens, you can get some real shake going on) ....

Definitely a shake, pretty bad one at that. As mentioned above check your gimbal mount. also check your blades for cracks and nicks.

Have you got stock / original DJI propellers on your Mavic?

OK - It's a long shot - but this MAY be something that you can adjust out with 'gain' settings - BUT - as per my earlier question, you need to confirm that you are seeing a physical shaking of the camera mount. Put the Mavic into a low-level hover and rotate the camera up and down and watch for physical shaking in the camera. There is a condition where the Mavic will overcompensate in the hover, and end up doing very small oscillations as it keeps position. While the oscillations don't really show in the body of the Mavic, they do make the camera assembly shake due to the way it's suspended on the rubber bands. This condition is usually associated with 3rd party prop's - especially stiffer prop's with lower rpm.
Even though this video talks about camera shake due to fitting low-noise props on a Mavic Pro - it COULD assist with your problem. Watch it through and make the adjustments in small increments, and check the shake after each adjust ... If it makes no difference, then PLEASE restore your gain settings to where they were initially.

Another thing to check ... I can see the tabs at the front of your gimbal mount plate are correct, but what about the tab at the back ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne