DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I Remember How To Fly?

chezedog

Reactions
Last March, I bought a Mavic Pro, watched a bunch of videos, asked a lot questions here, and managed to make a video for a nonprofit conservation organization. Life got busy, and I haven't flown since. But today, this same organization is placing wildlife cameras out in the sticks, and asked if could shoot some aerial footage such that they can get a handle on recent fire damage.
I agreed, but I hope I can remember how to fly the thing. I believe I have cached maps of the area. Otherwise, memory will have to suffice, because I have no time to practice!

It's like riding a bike... You got this!

Reactions: charliesRig
Pressure is your enemy and might cause errors. If you flew every day, and someone asked you to do something last minute, it's one thing. But if youre rusty, getting airborne again takes time, especially if you are required to do a task.

How much time do you have before the project? How many flight hours do you have in the MA?

Our member @BIOLUMINOUS sells them on eBay and maybe he can sell you one directly from here.

Here it is on eBay, just do a search with this phrase:

NEW DJI Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom Advanced Drone Laminated Safety Flight Checklist

Last edited:
To start pull down/In on both stix
Push left stix forward .....to go up
Push right six forward ...
to go forward
......Fly Safe
...........Never Fly with less than %20 battery power
.....cR

Be sure to click your heels together while repeating out loud. “this is a recreational flight” Before you take off.
It would be best if there was evidence of this later. Or spend $150 more on a part 107 registration. :D.
I just had to throw that in before the Drone police call you out!

Reactions: charliesRig
Since you have not flown since March you need to insure that your batteries will charge and hold a charge and your version of Go 4 still works with your phone/tablet. Unless you turned off updating, there is a strong chance that a background update of Go 4 has happened and it may not work as it did before. Put your phone/tablet in airplane mode before starting things up and verify that at least your video feed still works.

Since you have not flown since March you need to insure that your batteries will charge and hold a charge and your version of Go 4 still works with your phone/tablet. Unless you turned off updating, there is a strong chance that a background update of Go 4 has happened and it may not work as it did before. Put your phone/tablet in airplane mode before starting things up and verify that at least your video feed still works.

And IF the Go4 update did "sneek in", make sure to check all of your settings. These tend to get "refreshed" to default after an update.

I had checked batteries and updated firmware and software a few days prior. Plus reviewed various calibration procedures, and cached maps on my DronePhone. (they were able to provide me with precise coordinates.)
The only thing I couldn't do before heading out was practice flying. As it happens, I had no trouble at all. It was a beautiful day with very little wind. Lots of smoke from nearby wildfires, but I think I was able to get what they needed - an overview of some recent fire damage to the property.

Attachments

• fire.png
    fire.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
Uh, wildfires? Had they stopped putting it out? If not, you're not supposed to fly there.
I’m aware of that, thanks.
The fire was in 2015. The smoke is from fires further north.

Be sure to click your heels together while repeating out loud. “this is a recreational flight” Before you take off.
It would be best if there was evidence of this later. Or spend $150 more on a part 107 registration. :D.
I just had to throw that in before the Drone police call you out!

I've misplaced my ruby slippers, and anyway the flight did not constitute "commercial use" as I understand it.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai