DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canadian Law Rail Systems

GFHungryman

Reactions
I am looking for information about flying above and beside rail systems in Canada (CN Rail, CP Rail, VIA Rail). How high above a rail line am I allowed to fly and how far horizontally? If I am allowed, what are the legal issues with the footage? I am flying a DJI Mini 2. Any answers will help, thank you in advance

I am looking for information about flying above and beside rail systems in Canada (CN Rail, CP Rail, VIA Rail). How high above a rail line am I allowed to fly and how far horizontally? If I am allowed, what are the legal issues with the footage? I am flying a DJI Mini 2. Any answers will help, thank you in advance
Someone else replied this in a similar topic and it also answers my question and maybe yours.

That actually was very informative. Nice to see the difference between US and Canada rules. I think not having a distinction between commercial and recreational makes a lot of sense. That's one of the biggest headaches here in the States.

This is brought up many times in the various groups and forums. Does CN or CP control air space? No, so it’s fair game unless you are on their property and or flying directly over the train violating CARS rules. They do frown on it though.
240938463_10226336384293973_3567748936612339459_n.jpg

I know in the U.S. you cannot fly over trains.

This is brought up many times in the various groups and forums. Does CN or CP control air space? No, so it’s fair game unless you are on their property and or flying directly over the train violating CARS rules. They do frown on it though.
View attachment 134336

View attachment 134336
Thanks for clarifying this a bit more. Could you please tell me which specific CARS rule you're referring too? And where did you get this screenshot from (in black)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter