DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot instigate 'Sport' mode

Mike_in_Letcombe

Reactions
I have updated the DJI GO4 app to the latest version, which suggests that I would then have the 'quick shots' functionality that is found on the Spark. No such luck - unless I'm being a bit daft, all I can find are the normal flight modes, inc. gesture, home point, etc.

The Mavic is flying very well - very controllable, seems to be a bit smoother than before. But one thing I noticed was that, when I try to put on 'Sport' mode, I get a red-cross and a message, along the lines of 'You are not allowed to change the mode, unless you refer to the main settings.' ??? I can't find anywhere in the GO4 app to change this, or to 'activate' Sport mode. So my poor little Mavic is now slower than my Spark - which is still buzzing around with Sport mode available if I want it.

Any ideas? I do notice that there is a new Firmware being released today but it is not yet available for my region (southern UK) so it could just be to do with that.

Reactions: lostinspace
Flight mode is locked in P mode by default regardless of the switch position. Go to settings in the go 4 app, click the drone icon, and click on enable "multiple flight modes". After doing this toggle the switch from p to s and you should be good to go. You have to do this every time you start the drone up. It will always default to p mode until you toggle switch back and fourth from p to s mode. You shouldn't have to enable it each time in settings but if you start the drone up and the RC is on S mode you will need to toggle off s mode to p mode then back to s mode to get back into sport. At least this is my understanding of how it works.

Last edited:
Will go and try this now - I've not come across this before and I've had the Mavic for nearly 12 months, so confused me as to why it was doing this.

Will go and try this now - I've not come across this before and I've had the Mavic for nearly 12 months, so confused me as to why it was doing this.

Did you recently update? I just took my mavic up for the first time this weekend and I changed settings before I updated and then after the update and restart everything switched back to defaults. Hope that works for you! Report back!

Hi

Have now updated firmware and, as suggested by Mavic Pete, it was the 'set to multiple flight modes' that was the problem. Will hopefully get out and have a flight later on this week. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Mavic_Pete
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMWOOD