DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't email DJI clip to Uncle due to Google email caps.

Clintoops

Reactions
Ok we can't post to YouTube.
You need a 107.
So if you try to share with a relative file is to big.
I can't email from phone where I created it with the DJI app.
So you have to keep it private.
You are blocked sending over 25mbs and if anyone has google mail they are capped also.
Guess it's a disc in the mail.
Only 107 can share on a platform .

You need a 107.
You are blocked sending over 25mbs and if anyone has google mail they are capped also.

You absolutely CAN post a UAS Video to YT without Part 107 as long as the video was captured under ~44809 rules. It's a common misconception that ANYTHING posted to YT requires Part 107 and that blanket statement is not accurately.

You absolutely CAN post a UAS Video to YT without Part 107 as long as the video was captured under ~44809 rules. It's a common misconception that ANYTHING posted to YT requires Part 107 and that blanket statement is not accurately.
Plus you can set the Youtube video to private so it is only shared with people you want to see it.

As well as using private or unlisted on Youtube there's online storage sites like Microsoft's Onedrive or Dropbox which will give you a free allowance you can use to share files (including non-video ones) which are too large for e-mail.

Reactions: Clintoops
Or Vimeo. Or a shared album in Apple Photos.

I had to send DJI large files, like 7 gig, and they have a web site specifically to receive such file. They give you a username and password. Just tell them you want to send them a big file.

You need a 107.
I've also found the email file size caps annoying.

What I do now is upload stuff to Google Drive, so other people can access it from there. I have rotten upload speeds, so it takes forever, but you get 15 GB free on Google Drive, and I've never had a need to exceed that.

TCS

As stated above , wetransfer.com is a great free programme. If you want to send even bigger files frequently there is also a paid version although for normal use the free version is more than adequate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard