DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cant fly past 1000 meters.

Neo

Reactions
Dear community,

I am not the type to fly long distances with my Mavic Pro but for once I wanted to test the range.

I got about 1km before I lost signal with the aircraft and it decided to return home. I recent updated to the latest version on all devices. That might be the cause but I don't know since I've never tried flying that far before.

Is it only me or is this a common issue and what can be done to remedy it?

Thanks in advance
Neo

I got about 1km before I lost signal with the aircraft and it decided to return home. I recent updated to the latest version on all devices. That might be the cause but I don't know since I've never tried flying that far before.

Is it only me or is this a common issue and what can be done to remedy it?

This all depends on the interference and topography of your local environment. If you have lots of trees, or hills, or buildings, or WiFi signals, or.... ( a dozen other things), you can lose your signal at that range. Go to the edge of a large body of water, or an isolated, level open space, and try your range test again. If you still get such limited range, then you might have an issue with your AC or RC. If not, you know you had interference in your previous location and that was the issue.

Reactions: BobAld
You are probably right. The conditions around me weren't optimal to test the range . I will do a more fair test next time. But initially I expected more.

Thanks for the insight.

Putting your phone in airplane mode also helps. I was only about to achieve around 6,000 feet with mine not in airplane mode before it had interference and initiated RTH, but I achieved 15,000 feet and decided to head back on my own with it in airplane mode and with WiFi off.

Good point. I will make another attempt tomorrow with all the new tips I've received.

I am having the same problem. Around 6000 feet I lose connection which I have not flown in airplane mode and with wifi off. I will test with airplane mode on and wifi off to see if it helps get more distance. I did try yesterday in a open space off the top of a mountain and got over two miles. I have the Mavic Pro with the Atlas Switch antenna system.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erickk7875