DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Get New Mavic to Connect to Controller For First Time

MadDogDan

Reactions
Just got my new Mavic Pro. Watched a bunch of tutorials and downloaded and read the 65 page manual. I can't get the controller to communicate with the drone. I keep getting a "Magnetic Interferience Check App" message. I was in a wide open field with no buildings, power lines, and just a few trees about 50' away. I hopped in my car and went to another open field. Same error message. The only problem with that message is I can't find anything (setting) in the Go App that will fix this problem. I can see that the camera works but that's all

HELP!!!

If you get the error message in the GO 4 app and have camera feed to your mobile device, then the controller is communicating with the drone. Go to that open field and try recalibrating the compass.

If you get the error message in the GO 4 app and have camera feed to your mobile device, then the controller is communicating with the drone. Go to that open field and try recalibrating the compass.

The error message was on the controller, not the app, but I did get camera feed. Even though I got camera feed the status light on the back of the Mavic blinked red, yellow, green. It never went to solid green. Can I calibrate the Mavic while those warning lights are flashing?

Capture.JPG
So, you got the first indicator (RGY) but never any of the others? What did you see in the GO 4 display? Was there any message or a red triangle with an exclamation point in it?

I don't know the answer to your question about calibrating with a warning flashing.

Short answer is yes! If you have a feed the Mavic is connected.

Hit the status bar and calibrate the compass.

Also check for interference in the form of watches etc.

View attachment 21169
So, you got the first indicator (RGY) but never any of the others? What did you see in the GO 4 display? Was there any message or a red triangle with an exclamation point in it?

I don't know the answer to your question about calibrating with a warning flashing.

Honestly don't remember what I saw in the Go 4 display. I will have to go out and try again now that I know what the different light sequences mean.

Thanks guys for all your help. I am sure I can get this running, I just gotta be patient and try all your suggestions.

If you still have problems, get screen shots of GO 4 screen and pics of controller messages if you can. Video of drone behavior (status lights) would be good, too.

Honestly don't remember what I saw in the Go 4 display. I will have to go out and try again now that I know what the different light sequences mean.

Thanks guys for all your help. I am sure I can get this running, I just gotta be patient and try all your suggestions.

You don't have to be in a field to check if it's working. You should be able to go in your yard and calibrate the compass. Then take the props off and see if you can't get it to take off.

Were you using an iPad? All iPads have a strong magnet build into one side if the frame that's used to hold a case lid closed. Beware of which way round you mount a iPad to the controller it effects the control stick calibration (they use Hall effect sensors) and if position close to the Mavic trigger mag warnings as well.

I only use Apple devices but believe some Andriod devices also have embedded magnets as well

Were you using an iPad? All iPads have a strong magnet build into one side if the frame that's used to hold a case lid closed. Beware of which way round you mount a iPad to the controller it effects the control stick calibration (they use Hall effect sensors) and if position close to the Mavic trigger mag warnings as well.

I only use Apple devices but believe some Andriod devices also have embedded magnets as well

Using an iPhone 7plus. And wearing a manual wind watch.

Thanks for all your help guys. It did turn out to be a compas calibration issue. All is fixed and working like it should now.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard