DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't seem to connect to wi-fi [SOLVED]

Dudster

Reactions
I just got my CrystalSky 7.85" today (regular, not ultra), and am having issues connecting to a wi-fi network. When I went through the initial setup, it asked for a wi-fi hotspot to connect to. I chose mine, after a few seconds it said connected, but when I got to the DJI login screen and tried to log into my account, I got a "network unavailable error id 00" error message. I tried connecting again, same thing. No luck, so I rebooted the CS. Again, wouldn't log into DJI. Thinking maybe I'd gotten my password wrong, I tried resetting the password through the DJI website. Went through, got the reset notice, entered a new password, and was able to log onto the DJI website with the new password from my browser. Back to the CS, again no go. I tried connecting to a different wi-fi point. It once again seemed to connect fine to the wi-fi, but no go at the DJI login screen.

A Google search on the problem turned up a link with someone saying to try connecting to a phone's hotspot. So I tried that. This time at the login screen, it proceeded to log in, and I was able to get to the CS home screen. All I thought was fine, so at this point I disconnected from my phone's hotspot, and rejoined the wi-fi point. Tried doing an update, just in case there were any updates available. Got a "Failed to check firmware package. Check your network and retry." Tried again, same error. Went back to the phone hotspot, this time when I tried checking for updates, it seemed to do something for a few seconds, and eventually came back and said I was on the current version (2.3.0.0). Back to the regular wi-fi, again I get the "Failed to check firmware" error message almost immediately. Tried rebooting, same thing

Both my wi-fi spots work; I have multiple devices connected to them, and they are working fine.

While I don't mind the occasional use of my phone's data connection, when needed, I certainly can't afford to be using it full time. That was the whole point of my getting the CS, with the offline maps and GPS built in. I would *really* hate to have to return it to where I bought it from (multirotorheli.ca), since it took almost 6 weeks to arrive, but in this state it's practically useless to me. I might as well just go back to using my phone.

Anybody have any ideas on what the issue might be, and any suggestions for me to try before I contact the place I bought it? Is there a way to hard reset it, rather than just the soft reset option in the Settings menu?

I just got my CrystalSky 7.85" today (regular, not ultra), and am having issues connecting to a wi-fi network. When I went through the initial setup, it asked for a wi-fi hotspot to connect to. I chose mine, after a few seconds it said connected, but when I got to the DJI login screen and tried to log into my account, I got a "network unavailable error id 00" error message. I tried connecting again, same thing. No luck, so I rebooted the CS. Again, wouldn't log into DJI. Thinking maybe I'd gotten my password wrong, I tried resetting the password through the DJI website. Went through, got the reset notice, entered a new password, and was able to log onto the DJI website with the new password from my browser. Back to the CS, again no go. I tried connecting to a different wi-fi point. It once again seemed to connect fine to the wi-fi, but no go at the DJI login screen.

A Google search on the problem turned up a link with someone saying to try connecting to a phone's hotspot. So I tried that. This time at the login screen, it proceeded to log in, and I was able to get to the CS home screen. All I thought was fine, so at this point I disconnected from my phone's hotspot, and rejoined the wi-fi point. Tried doing an update, just in case there were any updates available. Got a "Failed to check firmware package. Check your network and retry." Tried again, same error. Went back to the phone hotspot, this time when I tried checking for updates, it seemed to do something for a few seconds, and eventually came back and said I was on the current version (2.3.0.0). Back to the regular wi-fi, again I get the "Failed to check firmware" error message almost immediately. Tried rebooting, same thing

Both my wi-fi spots work; I have multiple devices connected to them, and they are working fine.

While I don't mind the occasional use of my phone's data connection, when needed, I certainly can't afford to be using it full time. That was the whole point of my getting the CS, with the offline maps and GPS built in. I would *really* hate to have to return it to where I bought it from (multirotorheli.ca), since it took almost 6 weeks to arrive, but in this state it's practically useless to me. I might as well just go back to using my phone.

Anybody have any ideas on what the issue might be, and any suggestions for me to try before I contact the place I bought it? Is there a way to hard reset it, rather than just the soft reset option in the Settings menu?

Try going in the Crystal Sky and doing a (I think it's called) master reset.

Search Results for Query: CrystalSky Full reset | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Last edited:
Why do you even need to connect to wifi at all.
Once you have done it once to comfirm your account and cache the maps for your area there should be no need to connect again. Same as using a phone in aeroplane mode.

Hi HollowDog. I had a look at the link you suggested, however it is basically the same as my query; someone wanting to know if there is a way to do a hard reset, and the suggestion being to call DJI. Which, from what I've seen in reading the various threads here, is a recipe for frustration & heavy drinking ;) The manual is practically useless.

Dragonfly, caching the maps via the phone's hotspot for my area would use almost 700 meg of cellular data. If I were to use my phone directly with the Mavic, at least I know I could cache the map files over wi-fi.

What's weird is if I'm 'connected' to my normal wi-fi point and I open browser on the CS, it loads up Google fine. I can do searches on Google, and get results back. But if I try clicking on any of the links, almost all fail with what seems like a DNS error message "net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED". The DJI site opens, but doesn't load any images. If I tell it to request the desktop site, it tells me my browser is out of date and to upgrade. One photography site I tried though seems to work fine however. So it looks like the wi-fi *is* working, in some half assed way at least. That's why I was looking for some sort of master reset, in the hopes that it would take everything back to default, and I could try setting this thing up all over again, and hopefully not have to return it.

Well, issue resolved :) For some reason, the DNS wasn't resolving properly on my cable box. The problem from the start looked like a DNS to me, but I couldn't figure out why no other devices were having issues, and the CS could open up some websites. I would have expected an all-or-nothing result. When my work phone earlier this morning refused to connect to the mail server, I decided to try what I as an IT admin always tell other people to do; reboot :) I rebooted the cable modem, and after it was back online, the CS immediately fired up and said 'hey, there's a new update available for me, should I download it?'. So, 2.4.2.0 it is :)

The release notes mention being able to support up to 20 apps, anybody figure out what/where/how to install them (without resorting to sideloading an apk?)

Well, issue resolved :) For some reason, the DNS wasn't resolving properly on my cable box. The problem from the start looked like a DNS to me, but I couldn't figure out why no other devices were having issues, and the CS could open up some websites. I would have expected an all-or-nothing result. When my work phone earlier this morning refused to connect to the mail server, I decided to try what I as an IT admin always tell other people to do; reboot :) I rebooted the cable modem, and after it was back online, the CS immediately fired up and said 'hey, there's a new update available for me, should I download it?'. So, 2.4.2.0 it is :)

The release notes mention being able to support up to 20 apps, anybody figure out what/where/how to install them (without resorting to sideloading an apk?)

Here's a video that explains how to load 3rd party apps. Currently you can only load free ones.

Reactions: mavin
Here's a video that explains how to load 3rd party apps. Currently you can only load free ones.
Installed several from the APKPURE website on my new controller today. downloaded the apks on my pc, transferred files to sdcard, installed on the controller with no problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44