DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to Update Mavic 3 Firmware

Tim3459575

Reactions
Hi,

Trying to update my M3 firmware with DJI RC controller connected to WI-FI but all I get is an error message; “server error, wait a moment and try again”. I’ve been trying for several days on different WI-FI networks and keep getting this message. When I click on “update fly safe” I don’t get an error message and it says my database is up to date. That may be the case but my firmware is definitely not up to date. I’m trying to add the firmware which was just released Sept 3/23.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

thank you

Use DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer.
thank you for the input. Unfortunately the Assistant 2 won’t install on my Macbook. It says it’s “ unable to verify absence of malware”. The dji download page says it’s “updated are discontinued”.

thank you for the input. Unfortunately the Assistant 2 won’t install on my Macbook. It says it’s “ unable to verify absence of malware”. The dji download page says it’s “updated are discontinued”.
Common issue, easily resolved; there is no malware. Unless you have an older macbook or older operating system that isn't compatible. You should work to resolve it and get it installed because one day, you'll likely need it. The DJI software update over-the-air process is often problematic and DJI Assistant is a reliable backup which you can go to for drones, remotes, motion controllers, goggles....everything. Also you can rollback to previous versions and there are times where you can "refresh" your software in cases where it did not install completely. Let us know if you need help getting it installed on your macbook since I have it installed on all of mine and it works great!

thank you, I cleared it for installation in the Mac security settings. That allowed the Macbook install it but at the end of the process I got a an error message: “not compatible with current version of MacOS” I’m using the latest version of Ventura.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
I’m a 100% Mac user and in the past I have just found a buddy with an up to date Windows PC when WiFi fails

Reactions: WanderLost
Im also having an issue. I tried several times to do WiFi update via my RC pro. Each time it gives the progress wheel and completes. Says it installed. If I click on "Check for Updates" it says I am up to date.
But in my "About" section in DJI Fly these are my versions:
RC Pro v 03.02.0500
App version. 1.11.4
AC 01.00.1200

Pretty sure this is several versions back.
I tried running cable through a travel dock that gives me a USB-A port (my 2019 m16" MacBook Pro only has USB-C ports) but DJI Assistant doesn't appear to see the AC this way.
I am logged in, but it only gives me "Settings" options about data sharing. Nothing about updating.

What to do here?

OR... I may be a bit confused on what the newest FW numbers are.
ARE these the latest versions???
Its raining here so I can t take off to test....

With Assistant 2:

I have had zero success with anything USB-A.

Only USB-C on both ends work for me.

Reactions: jephoto
I'll try that.
But back to my. questions- Am I actually up to date? I'm fuzzy on what is the latest FW for the drone itself.
Looks like my App and RC Pro are up to date.

Bump on this. Anyone? What is the complete FW number for latest update for the original Mavic 3 please?

Think it's probably the same as the M3Pro. Here are mine:
A/C: v01.01.0300
Fly App: v1.11.4 (1200)
RC-Pro: v03.02.0500

Think it's probably the same as the M3Pro. Here are mine:
A/C: v01.01.0300
Fly App: v1.11.4 (1200)
Not sure that's correct. different cameras. Different capabilities. But I could be wrong. Happened once...

Anyone with the original M3? What is the current FW now?

DJI Mavic 3 Release Notes
Copyright © 2023 DJI All Rights Reserved.
1Date: 2023.09.05
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.1200
RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.13.1000
DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware v01.03.0500
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.02.0500
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.11.4
DJI Fly App Android: v1.11.4

Source: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mavic_3/20230905/DJI_Mavic_3_Release_Notes_en.pdf

DJI Mavic 3 Release Notes
Copyright © 2023 DJI All Rights Reserved.
1Date: 2023.09.05
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.1200
RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.13.1000
DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware v01.03.0500
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.02.0500
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.11.4
DJI Fly App Android: v1.11.4

Source: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mavic_3/20230905/DJI_Mavic_3_Release_Notes_en.pdf
THANKS! I guess my FW update worked fine. I should've paid attention to my specs BEFORE doing the update. I kept thinking it hadn't gone through....
All my numbers agree with this.

Update:
Close. Just the AC is different the M3 is:
A/C: v01.00.1200
Fly app and RC Pro is the same.
Fly App: v1.11.4

So I was in fact up to date. Just did a test flight and its all good. LOVE the RTH pathway. (AR) and the anti-collision camera views.
Haven't played with any other function additions -if any.- yet.

But glad I'm up to date.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Update:
Close. Just the AC is different the M3 is:
A/C: v01.00.1200
Fly app and RC Pro is the same.
Fly App: v1.11.4

So I was in fact up to date. Just did a test flight and its all good. LOVE the RTH pathway. (AR) and the anti-collision camera views.
Haven't played with any other function additions -if any.- yet.

But glad I'm up to date.
Indeed, it'a beautiful thing. Glad to see Mavic 3 holding up so well (unlike initially out of the gate nearly 2 years ago).

I’ve been extremely happy with it. It performs so much better than my phantom, 4 pro V2, not that there was anything wrong with that…, but the M3 is so stable and the camera is wonderful.
I wish I had gotten the pro as the 7X camera is much better, but all in all, it was a huge upgrade for me.
So much easier to control, I’ve never been able to do manual point of interest before and now I can do it with ease.
B13EF686-21B2-4AFA-AC06-95C971D6F458.jpeg

Did this the other night on a job.

Reactions: WanderLost
well, after several weeks I finally was able to install the firmware update. My work around solution was to use my old N1 controller which came with my Mavic 3. Since purchasing my M3 I had subsequently upgraded my controller to the DJI RC, but for whatever reason, that newer controller would not perform the latest firmware update. Glad that I didn’t get rid of my old controller as it saved the day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13