DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Cape Horn - Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area

Very Beautiful! I enjoyed the voice-over.
I Google'd its location in respect to Multnomah Falls on the Oregon side. They aren't that far apart distance-wise. My wife and I lived in Portland in 1979. My ship was in drydock for overhaul. We got to see a lot of beautiful areas when we were there!

Very nice work!

Very Beautiful! I enjoyed the voice-over.
I Google'd its location in respect to Multnomah Falls on the Oregon side. They aren't that far apart distance-wise. My wife and I lived in Portland in 1979. My ship was in drydock for overhaul. We got to see a lot of beautiful areas when we were there!
Thank you. This was my first attempt to do a voiceover on one of my videos. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Reactions: Prop Wash
I usually don’t like too much commentary on drone videos, but you certainly have the voice for it! Coupled with a nice soundtrack underneath & smoothly flown, it was very informative. 👍🏻

First of all, terrific video. Perfect music, good narration, just long enough that I watched every minute, great flying and selection of shots. My only suggestion...it would have been nice to get a closer shot of those seals resting on the rock.

Thanks. After I finished the video, that was my one regret. I wish I would have gotten that closeup of the Seals as well.

An impressive place.
I am curious, does anyone know the explanation for the isolated rock in the middle of the river?

That is one BIG rock.
Then again 'we' have seen a perhaps similar sized rock miss an Italian farmhouse etc. by a hair's breadth a couple of years ago. Boulder nearly destroys Italian farmhouse

Ah was it within recorded history? I took geologic past to mean ancient, as in pre Columbus etc.

Not exactly sure but probably several thousand years ago at lest based on why I know about the geological history of the area

For sure. The most famous one created a land bridge known as The Bridge of the God's.
LOL, I read something about that one a while back and was going to mention it but wasn't sure which through-the-Rockies river it affected.

It's a left over remnant from a large landslide in the geologic past.
I've not studied that area but can easily believe that the island could represent an ancestral landslide block. If the landslide is older than 12,500 years than I suspect that the catastrophic draining of Glacial Lake Missoula no doubt modified that island just like it did to a great deal of the Columbia River Gorge itself. The columnar joints (usually vertical hexagonal shaped features) in those 12 to 15 million year old Columbia River flood basalts were particularly susceptible to being eroded away by the flood waters. Those flood waters rushed across eastern Washington creating the "scab land" topography before dumping into the Snake and Columbia Rivers. No doubt native peoples witnessed the draining of Glacial Lake Missoula which happened 30 to 40 times as the continental ice sheet moved south. Must of have been one hell of a show!

Thank you. This was my first attempt to do a voiceover on one of my videos. I am glad you enjoyed it.
I enjoyed the film and narration. I was curious as to what type of equipment you used for the VO and whether you did any post work on it and if so, what software you used. I use Adobe Premiere and have tried several cheap microphones with my desktop and even resorting to using my Samsung smartphone for my crappy VO's. If only I had a good "studio" voice like yours!

I've not studied that area but can easily believe that the island could represent an ancestral landslide block. If the landslide is older than 12,500 years than I suspect that the catastrophic draining of Glacial Lake Missoula no doubt modified that island just like it did to a great deal of the Columbia River Gorge itself. The columnar joints (usually vertical hexagonal shaped features) in those 12 to 15 million year old Columbia River flood basalts were particularly susceptible to being eroded away by the flood waters. Those flood waters rushed across eastern Washington creating the "scab land" topography before dumping into the Snake and Columbia Rivers. No doubt native peoples witnessed the draining of Glacial Lake Missoula which happened 30 to 40 times as the continental ice sheet moved south. Must of have been one hell of a show!
I can imagine it was very large and violent to say the least. As much of an impact volcanism has had on shaping the landscape, the flooding from several ice age events had an equal impact on on what we see today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc