DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care/refresh serial?

brodz

Reactions
I just use my DJI care refresh for the first time. Mavic was on top if tree in woods so i opened dji chat window to see what i needed to do or gave to open a case and use my refresh service..dui wanted serial number under batterie.. so i dripped the tree with my chainsaw.. so i coukdnt remove batterie to take photo for dji guy in the chat window..i asked if was ok to pry it open. He said i didnt need to. He said that he was going to have a service manager or sumone call me tonight .. 5 seconds later i get a call from dji. He said suthing like this... He said that DJI will probably give me a call on Monday because of the holidays that I have to give them some time. Angie said that I'm not going to be able to ship the Drone to them through UPS because of the battery being melted and in the pictures you can see the melted batterie damage. Then he said just keep the Drone. Or I should probably just keep the Drone and I think that was about all he said.. so I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience in this type of situation does that mean they going to send me a new mavic Pro and I also get the key this one I have since UPS won't ship this to them? Just curious if anyone has an idea what happens from here and how long it takes to get a new one shipped to me from them?

Reactions: JMMY
Ooos!Sorry for all the typos.. but the dji guy who called me earlier . He said that dji will be calling monday.. if a dji called me tonight why is another dji guy calling me back monday? I didnt think to ask..And just noticed a possible issue. i left my remote control next to the tree i cut.. i paid 100$ to property owner to cut his tree down to get my mavic back.. is this going to be a possible issue with dji care refresh? Do they typically want remote back too? Anyways The property owner was real kool and wouldnt even take the 200$ i was offerering to him for buggin his thanksgivin dinner..so after i got my mav back, i ran and got the land owner a 6 pack of the same type if beer he was holding and also taped a 100$ bill to one of the bottles...

Sorry for the stressed out misspelled rant tgat follows.. but theres one real question in the last 5 senteces

Ok i ben doin the dji care/refresh "Investigation" .. my first thing I said to DJI when I applied for services it was my fault I crashed the Drone into the tree all I want is to get a new one a discounted price. I'll pay whatever for a new one... But now they just keep emailing and calling me with the stupid questions.. like "is it my fault. Or maybe you think its the drones fault" and did I See Fire first or smoke first.. all I want is a replacementand call it even. Is there a way forward i could push this.. instead of this investigation route, that DJI is pushing towards... Or is the guy possibly helping me out? but I just don't understand that? Maybe.. or they just trying to get out of it? Do not let me use my warranty I bough.. that's what it seems like! cuz they can't come up with a way for me to ship the Drone to them with the battery melted to the Drone .since its now bonded by the lipo fire. This happened I think the day before Thanksgiving is when I called with a chat window to open a dji chat.. maybe it's just the language barrier but I got a message just now after talking to the same guy 3 times today and some other guy once.. one of them wanted my flight record... But could someone check this out and see if they may think that it could be the mavics fault... Maybe im just pissy that i actually admited i did it! First thing i said to them .. thinking I'm going to save a lot of time and headaches and just pay some more money and be back in the air in no time..but sum hiw its turned into a CSI episode. I.. Here is the message they sent just now..
Thank you for sending this information.

Were all set in our end and we can now begin the investigation as to what really happened with the drone and why it caught fire.

Please allow 24 to 48 hours for us to get back to you and provide the resolution and instructions on how to repair the drone.
I guarantee they going to tell me exactly what i said happened on day 1.. what a waste of time.. its like 12 city workers standing there waiting for coffee break.. i keep reading the fine print to see what i bought.. this what i thought i got.. Can anyone tell me if it will happen after another 48 hour wait time-----all I want is a new mavic less/bat less/rc for under 300 by the weekend? Isn't that an option?

Doubt you'll get to the end of the investigation by the end of the weekend

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign