DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carry all Backpack for the Mavic

I ended up getting a Lowepro Pro Runner 350 AW II. Found a retailer selling it for under $100 because of a small 4" rip but didn't even hesitate...LoL..I just had my wife use her sewing skills. Althought it might be more bag than I need.

Could you tell me if you've traveled anywhere on an airline with this bag? Was it able to be considered carry on?
Yes, a couple of trips now, no problem at all using as a carry on. It's a really great bag for the price. I am a bit of a bag addict and have a number. This is the best to carry everything. Cannot recommend enough.

I've seen the thread for the bags that everyone has for their Mavics but I was wondering if there are any bags out there that you guys can recommend that will carry the Mavic, a DSLR, Gopros, all their accessories, tablet, and personal items (external batteries. I'm going on vacation next month and looking for a backpack that will carry all these comfortably and safely. I watched videos on youtube on different bags but its hard to get a definite picture.

The bags that caught my eye:
Manfrotto 3N1 35 (or might go a step down, the 3n1 25)
Manfrotto Advanced Tri Backpack Large
Lowepro protactic 350

Anyone have any experience with these bags and how much were you able to fit? If you have other suggestions, I'm open to them.

Yup I have the Lowepro ProTactic 350AW. Love it. Not only does it have room for Mavic and RC which are in a Hardcase but 4 batteries, dslr with 300mm lens and 1 additional lens, iPad 3 Full Size and landing pad. Outside of bag has Molle so you buy Molle pouches to your liking and install them.

Mike

Reactions: daximus
Yes, a couple of trips now, no problem at all using as a carry on. It's a really great bag for the price. I am a bit of a bag addict and have a number. This is the best to carry everything. Cannot recommend enough.

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered it the other day so it should be here tomorrow. It would really be awesome if I could fit all my camera stuff that I normally carry and my mavic stuff in it as well.

Reactions: Spanishcop
I have several camera bags, right now the Mavic's home is the shoulder bag it came with, but I do have a Lowepro 300AW, and a Kata 3n1, that will allow me to bring both DSLR and Mavic with me on longer trips.

Reactions: Spanishcop
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered it the other day so it should be here tomorrow. It would really be awesome if I could fit all my camera stuff that I normally carry and my mavic stuff in it as well.
It's pretty big, I managed to get my Mavic with all the spares, batteries, etc, Ipad,Kindle, phone, lots of charging stuff (apple watch dock etc), plus a whole load of GoPro stuff including two cameras, housings, poles etc etc and still have room to spare. Can't do that in many other bags. Let me know how you get on. For the price it's better than other bags I have that were three times the price.

Yup I have the Lowepro ProTactic 350AW. Love it. Not only does it have room for Mavic and RC which are in a Hardcase but 4 batteries, dslr with 300mm lens and 1 additional lens, iPad 3 Full Size and landing pad. Outside of bag has Molle so you buy Molle pouches to your liking and install them.

Mike
I figure the 350 is the sweet spot. I bought the 250 and its super neat size but too small. You mind posting a pic of your gear in the 350?

I've got the LowePro ProTactic 250 and it is perfect. I have the Mavic, controller, 2 spare batteries, two sets of spare props, 3-pack of filters and an iPad mini. Very discrete bag for transporting a drone.
I just got the 250. I really like it but I want to take about some gopro gear and an slr so may need to return it and get the 350 instead.

I just got the 250. I really like it but I want to take about some gopro gear and an slr so may need to return it and get the 350 instead.

Yup here is my setup. I haven't used any of the side pockets yet. Also I can fit a expandable landing pad with iPad which I don't have displayed. This bag is probably what your looking for. The 250 was bit small for my taste.

c73715a81fce1b13e70ff6f04e9c6a87.jpg

cf2697258cd0db2e53bf273faec4c11e.jpg

7e692f8acdad71618bfba76b6945306d.jpg

Reactions: daximus
I got the Evecase XL and I'm pleased with my purchase. Fits all the camera equipment I needed it to plus everything for my drone. Here's the list of what I've got packed in it.
1 x Canon T2i Rebel with it's stock 18-55mm lens
1 x 70-300 zoom lens
2 x 58mm filters installed, one on each lens
2 x 58mm filters in their packaging
2 x spare batteries for Canon camera with a third installed in the camera
1 x External flash
Charger block with cords for Canon camera
1 x Canon A570 point and shoot camera
1 x Underwater housing for Canon A570 point and shoot camera
1 x Hand held digital video camera
1 x AA battery case holding 10 AA batteries for Canon A570 camera
1 x Charging cord and power brick for handheld digital video camera
1 x GoPro 3
1 x GoPro waterproof case
1 x Head band for GoPro 3
1 x Wrist band for GoPro 3
1 x Chest mount and straps for GoPro 3
Charging cords for GoPro 3
1 x Dual Port Ravpower 16750mAh Portable External Battery
Charging cord for external battery
2 x USB cords for external battery output
Half a dozen spare memory card holders with extra memory cards
1 x Retractable selfie stick
1 x Lens cleaning solution in a pump spray bottle
1 x Retractable camera cleaning brush
Half a dozen packages of lens cleaning cloths
Several charging cords and mini usb cords to connect cameras to computers or tv's
1 x Manual for Canon camera
1 x Manual for external flash
1 x iPad mini 4 with otterbox case
1 x Apple wall charger with three USB ports
1 x Mavic Pro drone inside hard case
1 x Mavic Pro controller with USB cord for iPad inside it's own hard case
1 Skyreat iPad holder adapter for Mavic Pro controller
3 x Mavic Pro batteries, one installed on drone and two stored in pack
1 x Charger with power brick and all needed cables for Mavic Pro
1 x Multiple battery charging hub for Mavic Pro
1 x Rain cover for backpack

bag review.jpg

Perfect. Thanks a lot bro. I will be returning the 250.

Your welcome.... And just to add 350AW really isn't much bigger in size so it's extremely comfortable... But it will hold quite a bit more equipment.

350AW on right (best setup for me)
250AW middle (too small)
200AW left (discontinued)

5c6e547b8c651e4859493077471f9a73.jpg

dc0a2e1d0462f0809fc69aa9f03128ab.jpg

Did you receive your bag? is it big enough ha ha

I got the Evecase XL and I'm pleased with my purchase. Fits all the camera equipment I needed it to plus everything for my drone. Here's the list of what I've got packed in it.
1 x Canon T2i Rebel with it's stock 18-55mm lens
1 x 70-300 zoom lens
2 x 58mm filters installed, one on each lens
2 x 58mm filters in their packaging
2 x spare batteries for Canon camera with a third installed in the camera
1 x External flash
Charger block with cords for Canon camera
1 x Canon A570 point and shoot camera
1 x Underwater housing for Canon A570 point and shoot camera
1 x Hand held digital video camera
1 x AA battery case holding 10 AA batteries for Canon A570 camera
1 x Charging cord and power brick for handheld digital video camera
1 x GoPro 3
1 x GoPro waterproof case
1 x Head band for GoPro 3
1 x Wrist band for GoPro 3
1 x Chest mount and straps for GoPro 3
Charging cords for GoPro 3
1 x Dual Port Ravpower 16750mAh Portable External Battery
Charging cord for external battery
2 x USB cords for external battery output
Half a dozen spare memory card holders with extra memory cards
1 x Retractable selfie stick
1 x Lens cleaning solution in a pump spray bottle
1 x Retractable camera cleaning brush
Half a dozen packages of lens cleaning cloths
Several charging cords and mini usb cords to connect cameras to computers or tv's
1 x Manual for Canon camera
1 x Manual for external flash
1 x iPad mini 4 with otterbox case
1 x Apple wall charger with three USB ports
1 x Mavic Pro drone inside hard case
1 x Mavic Pro controller with USB cord for iPad inside it's own hard case
1 Skyreat iPad holder adapter for Mavic Pro controller
3 x Mavic Pro batteries, one installed on drone and two stored in pack
1 x Charger with power brick and all needed cables for Mavic Pro
1 x Multiple battery charging hub for Mavic Pro
1 x Rain cover for backpack

View attachment 12650
Use mine all the time now, despite the size it's also really comfortable isn't it.

Yes it fit everything I needed it to, thanks. With more room to spare on the outside for tripods and the like. Now my biggest worry about it that I won't have assuaged for some time is if it will indeed be allowed as carry on without an airline giving me grief. I'm quite pleased with the bag so far.

Reactions: harryb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes