DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case option

rustysteel

Reactions
Thought I would share what I came up with for a case set up. Was using a smartree case but after adding my tablet I wanted something a little bit larger. Here's what I came up with using a pelican 1550 case. Cut out the foam pieces from the smartree case and reused them along with some pluck and play foam bought from Amazon. I have it set up so I can literally just plug the charger into the wall and everything can be charged while sitting in the case. I do pull things out a little due to heat and allow air circulation.
I can keep everything together and ready to go on short notice.
I had the case with no foam already, and the foam was about $40. Took me about an hour to set up but really digging it so far.20190531_184114.jpg

Nice set up question about the tablet do you use one with cellular uplink? I imagine it won’t show maps and gps without cell uplink abilities.

Reactions: rustysteel
I'm new myself so still trying things and switching things up. I'm pretty sure if you open the map in your app(when you have an internet connection) and scroll around where you will be flying you can set it to archive the map data. Hopefully someone on here with more experience than me can confirm.
I tend to do a lot of flight pre planning at home with an internet connection and beleive I read elsewhere that this occurs. I have no seperate service plan for this tablet.

I like the idea of the controller & tablet stored together and ready to go.
Thanks, me too. I wanted something portable and able to deploy quickly. I started using a phone for display but found the tablet MUCH easier to see, especially as a new flyer. Unfortunately that meant a bigger case.

I'm new myself so still trying things and switching things up. I'm pretty sure if you open the map in your app(when you have an internet connection) and scroll around where you will be flying you can set it to archive the map data. Hopefully someone on here with more experience than me can confirm.
I tend to do a lot of flight pre planning at home with an internet connection and beleive I read elsewhere that this occurs. I have no seperate service plan for this tablet.

That makes sense to preflight your maps I assume using cell phone as hot spot would work also, do you enjoy the screen size vs iPhone? I see everything good but bigger screen isn’t a bad idea.

That makes sense to preflight your maps I assume using cell phone as hot spot would work also, do you enjoy the screen size vs iPhone? I see everything good but bigger screen isn’t a bad idea.
I love it! Especially being new it is really helpful in seeing everything while in the field.

I dig your case, that looks great for traveling with all important gadgets inside while making yourself look like a professional drone pilot.

Reactions: rustysteel
Any concerns with the heat from the charger or batteries? I would be tempted to pluck out some foam for channels and adding a small vent fan to the of the case. That's just how my brain works and why I typically end up going over the deep end.

Any concerns with the heat from the charger or batteries? I would be tempted to pluck out some foam for channels and adding a small vent fan to the of the case. That's just how my brain works and why I typically end up going over the deep end.
The charger has a fan in it and vents on the ends. However, it does get warn so I may pluck some more of the foam out around it. Other than that, I leave the lid open when charging and haven't noticed any concerning heat issues.

The charger has a fan in it and vents on the ends. However, it does get warn so I may pluck some more of the foam out around it. Other than that, I leave the lid open when charging and haven't noticed any concerning heat issues.
Oh. I see it now. The well at the end allows air movement. Totally didn't see it the first time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting