DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking camera settings after the fact

iajetpilot

Reactions
Hi all,

Is there any way I can tell what camera settings (shutter speed, f stop, style, color profile etc..) I used when taking video after the fact, say like a few days later. I know in my Canon DSLR all that information in available in the EXIF data in each picture.

Thanks!

Reactions: thatB00STlife
If you enable "Video caption" in the camera settings you'll get a subtitle file along with the video, and when enabled during playback that will show some of the settings.
Other than that metadata for video isn't really a thing with most consumer cameras.

Reactions: maikm
If you enable "Video caption" in the camera settings you'll get a subtitle file along with the video, and when enabled during playback that will show some of the settings.
Other than that metadata for video isn't really a thing with most consumer cameras.

Interesting, I didn't know that. What info is recorded?

This is what exiftool shows about video file itself, nothing about shutter speed and ISO though.

Capture2.JPG

I'll try that video caption option next. I am experimenting around with what settings work best for various conditions and keep forgetting to write down the settings I used for each video. Thanks

Derped and thought you meant images not video. Not a video guy so not sure of the answer. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard